• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Autometer oil psi guage problem

The_Dealer

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Duh!
Transmission
Automatic
I installed my electric oil pressure guage yesterday. All of the connections are right. The power and ground are on a fuse where my sunpro tach is. And it works fine. First startup the guage worked, sat about 35 at idle and 50 when I reved it,no higher. Went to restart and go for a drive and it didn't work. When I turn the key on it jumps to 0 and it started working suddenly, but stayed at 50 the whole drive. Shut her down at my destination, and when I turned the engine off and turned the key back forward, it went to 50 again. Now doesn't go up at all except when the key is on, it goes to 0 and that's it. I did use teflon tape on the adapter and the sender, buttouched a wire on the sender and ground just to check. Did nothing. Any ideas?

Destroyer000

January 2009 STOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Ford
Engine Size
4.0. 4.0 Supercharged
Transmission
Manual
faulty sender.. i had one from sunpro do that..

The_Dealer

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Duh!
Transmission
Automatic
Ok well I got the guage working. Turned out to be too much teflon tape on it to ground it. It works fine until I'm at 2k or more rpm over 1/2 throttle it starts to studder back and forth. Sender problem or a bigger issue?

The_Dealer

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Duh!
Transmission
Automatic
I got it. Was a loose conection at the sender. Gues when it did the studdering it was because of the engine vibes

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals