• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Aww jeez, I'm a traitor.

gribly

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Honda
Engine Size
K20A3
Transmission
Manual
Sorry guys, the Nava-hoe is coming up for sale, and I'm going to be just rocking a 2002 Civic Si. It's not that I don't like my truck, but I basically am getting bribed to get it out of the driveway. My parents hate it because it's got some wooden interior pieces, the rocker panels are made from expanding foam (the truck's 4th set of rockers, they're temporary until I can bend up some new ones when it's warmer) and they somehow think it's unreliable because it has around 200k miles and ticks. Just last year I dumped $2k (parts and tires alone, my labor doesn't count) into new suspension pieces, tires, fluids, front and rear wheel bearings, ect, but it is just an old beater. So, since my dad wants to buy my stepmom a new car, and she thinks hers might be getting too many miles on it, they're letting me have it for cheap. I can't pass the deal up it's so cheap, and I shouldn't have two vehicles while I am in college, can't justify it. I will still be around though, I like this place and the Honda boards are full of d-bags and ricers, I have yet to find one as good as this place. Plus, I know too much about Rangers and I actually enjoy giving advice. Can't wheel a car very good, especially something as factory tricked out at this civic thing. It's the model with the shifter coming out of the dash, pseudo race buckets, and the big vtec sticker on the side. I guess I'm just giving ya'll a heads up to make fun of me for driving a girly wrong wheel drive car. I'm still looking for a clean second gen when I can afford to have a second vehicle, I just wish I could keep my Mazda around long enough to cannibalize it for it's axles and drivetrain - but I have no where to store it. :dunno: My parents already gave me enough hell about my XR4Ti being stored at their place when I was restoring it - and it even still started and drove around every time you turned the key, so until I build my own house - I'm not doing that again... Even then, I still have most of my post-911 GI bill to spend on school, so I'm living in dorms during school and my parents house during breaks, stuck with their rules - gonna be a while before I build a house.

straycat

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
02 06 and 2012
Make / Model
Jeeps
Transmission
Automatic
You can always join a Honda club and still hang out here. Or...you could buy a Ranger or another Ford vehical or....you can join a Native American indian organization...like the Nomads or the Navajo nation but oh, well...you 'Navajo, Nomad'a what'.....lol

exbass94

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2006, 1994
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC, 4.0 OHV
Transmission
Automatic
Meh, nothing really wrong with Hondas. I have a 92 Accord that I enjoy very much. It gets me back and forth to work reliably. It especially came in handy when my truck was in the shop for almost 3 months.

03ranger30

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L V6
Transmission
Manual
Not really a fan of those model SIs...my friend has a new one though and it is very nice

shane96ranger

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1997 / 1989
Make / Model
Ford F150-Stang
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
4.6 Triton / 5.0
you could buy a Ranger or another Ford vehical or....you can join a Native American indian organization...like the Nomads or the Navajo nation but oh, well...you 'Navajo, Nomad'a what'.....lol
:icon_confused:

I hope you stick around Gribly. I enjoy reading your view on things.

killj0y

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3l 4 Banger
Transmission
Manual
My credo
Fix it till its broke!
Man you have to pay for it that sucks lol. But hey man do whatcha gotta do! I for one have no prob with you sticking around.

Beef52751

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I love imports, hondas in particular. We gut them, cage them, and dirt tack race them!!!!

Ak907Girl

TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.2L/ 11,370Miles
Transmission
Manual
Civics are nice though, I think it's the first gen civic hatchbacks are the samething as a second or first gen Acura Intregra. (Only two imports I like.) I only like them because they have so much potential. A stock 91 acura integra with the 1.4, with the right little tune up, HAULS @$$!!! I topped my ex's 91 STOCK intrega at 147mph... lol THAT WAS FUN!!!

Just because you gotta ditch the truck doesn't mean you don't wanna chill with peeps yo. lol

adsm08

Senior Master Grease Monkey
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Ford Technician
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31X10.50X15
The only Honda I would drive is a CRX. Fun little cars.

My buddy had a 95 Civic with nothing but A/C. And when the compressor locked up we put a junkyard compressor on it and never recharged the system. He used to 55 MPG with that.

robertc1024

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
nada
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
My sister's first honda was bright orange and one of those boxy things from the early 80's. First car I drove with a manual transmission and no clutch since her clutch cable broke. In College, my wife-to-be had a early 80's Accord with a 5 speed and so much torque steer, it tried to put us through trees on the side of the road. We've had a couple of Civics since and they were both great. I've got no hate on Hondas.

Hewgull

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Pontiac
Engine Size
2.2 liters of clankity bang
Transmission
Manual
Nothing wrong with Hondas. My girlfriend has a 2004 Acura TSX 2.4L iVTEC 6 speed manual. It's a blast to drive and she always yells at me for getting on it a lot, but the 205 horses need to run. The only downside is it requires premium fuel.

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I have a Honda dirtbike, I like it. :icon_idea:

I don't really care for their cars though but to each their own. :icon_thumby:

LIMA BEAN

TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Only Honda i ever had was a 75 goldwing the first year they made them, sweet bike.

gribly

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Honda
Engine Size
K20A3
Transmission
Manual
Oh, I know full well there is nothing wrong with a Honda. I actually really like this car, and it is definitely a quick little thing. Why would I buy it if I didn't like it? It is one of my favorites out of newer cars, and at least it isn't totally computerized or have traction control or anything dumb like that. It really does make you feel like you're sitting in a rally car though, even though Honda doesn't have a factory rally team. That's all due to the seating position, shifter position, and the steering wheel. http://www.thecarconnection.com/overview/honda_civic-si_2002

mazdab40004x4

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
4.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
Definitely nothing wrong with an Si. I've got an 07 4 door Si that's been great. Fun to drive, decent on gas, and fits the wife, the kid, and all our stuff comfortably. That VTEC sounds great when you hit 7K RPMs :)

Too bad you can't keep both. I love that I have choices -- when I want to go fast I drive the Civic. When I need to haul crap I drive my b4000. And I get to tinker with both.

Jeff

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals