• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Bed Liner Fitment / Bed Changes

shek

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
I have been looking for an over the rail Bedliner for my Ranger and Penda only shows that 1993 to 1996 as the same while other brands show 1993-2008 as the same.

I can't think of why they would be different other than maybe cargo hook locations.

Does anyone know why Penda would make 2 different liner? Also, is there any big issue putting a 97 up bed liner in a 1996? I would be fine with some some trimming.

BH 300

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Transmission
Manual
It could be that Penda stopped making a part # after that year. Anything from 1993 to 2008 will fit. The inside of the bed has not changed throuout all those years.

shek

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
They Do Make Both ?

Actually I checked and they do make both but yet have two different part numbers. I called them to find out the difference and the lady said an 'engineer' would have to call me back... Never heard from them so I figured this would be a solid place to check. Maybe they just added a few cutouts or something to the the newer models.

BH 300

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Transmission
Manual
It might have to do with some of the rangers having those plastic bed rail guards on them. I was looking into getting some of them and noticed how far they came down on the inside of the bed rails. Just a thought. For what its worth I got rid of the plastic bed liners along time ago and went to spray in liners. I have seen to much damage done to the inside and rails of the beds that caused some paint wear and rust. I had one in the bed of an old Mazda I had years ago and it caused so much damage to the bed I had to replace some sections. Not to mention the paint wore of on the bed rails. I know spray in bed liners are spendy but if you factor in the cost of repairing the bed rails and refinishing the bed floor it is a good investment.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals