• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Best lift for an 01 Edge

mdn14

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
In less than a month I'll be inheriting my brother's 2001 Ford Ranger Edge (He's leaving the country). It's 2wd and has the 3.0 with a manual transmission!!!! Anyways, what's the best way that I can lift my future truck to fit either 32 or 33 inch tires? I was lookin at the Fabtech 3" lift spindles with the 2" add a leaf for the rear, but that seems a little too cheap. But idk. I don't want to spend a lot of money either.

I'm not going to be doing any uber hard wheeling but I still want to be able go where I want to go. Any suggestions as to how I should go about lifting my soon to be truck to fit 33" tires?

(Also, I assume that the manual transmission should be fine with whatever gears are on the ranger to spin 33" tires and not lose too much power or speed. Yes?)

93 Ohio Ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
XLT
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
3.0 and manual with 33s id run 4.56 gears but thats me, i ran 32s on a 3.0 manual with 3.55s daily and wheeling for months.

Id put a 3 inch body lift, it will clear 33s and its cheap. Ive never been a fan of fabtech.

mdn14

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Well I have this preconceived "hate" towards body lifts because they don't seem to benefit the truck at all. And I have the tow hooks up front and I'd like to keep them at their stock spot. If Fabtech isn't any good then there is also some company called Doetsch. But I've never heard of them.

Hm, that means I'll need an 8.8 axle as well. Boy this sorta stuff gets expensive quickly haha.

Last edited:

93 Ohio Ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
XLT
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I forget the back spacing needed on doetsch spindles. Ive seen plenty of people run them here and on ranger forums with no troubles. Personally me if you just want the lift and tires for looks than a body lift is fine.

mp3deviant721

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3l of fury
Transmission
Manual
Those will work fine. Just don't go dune jumping with them.

mdn14

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I don't live near any dunes so I think I'll be ok haha.

mdn14

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Does anyone have pictures of the doetsch spindle lift with 31 or 32" tires? I believer my ranger has 4.10 gears and those should be ok to turn 31's right? I'm such a noob haha :icon_twisted:

treycrittenden

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
http://therangerstation.com/forums/showthread.php?t=113791 Thats a pic of my truck with springtech 3" spindles and blocks in the rear with 33" tires. the spindles were bought from ebay. only problem i'm having is getting a front end alignment which i've ordered a 2.25 camber bolt kit to hopefully help the alignment shop to get it aligned. i have a 4.0 v6 automatic and it pulls these wheels and tires very well..

mdn14

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Hmmm. Maybe I'll just crank my t-bars a little and save on the lift and what not. Solid idea. I was thinking 31x10.50 15R Goodyear Duratrac tires.

prerunnerwannabe

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual

mdn14

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I still need some 4.10 gears though. Bleh. I'm thinking about swapping the pumpkin from my current ranger and down gearing it for better gas mileage. But then it wont have any guts. Haha.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals