• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

BII prices?? Funny stuff

rusty ol ranger

2.9 Mafia-Don
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Engine Size
177 CID
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
My credo
A legend to the old man, a hero to the child...

racsan

Supporting Member
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford/escape
Engine Type
2.5 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
2.5/151 I-4
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Tire Size
235/70/16
My credo
the grey-t escape
I had a early bronco for about a month, It was a 71 with a well-worn 73 302 in it. 3 on the tree manual, transfer case lever looked like a automatic “T” handle youd see in a pinto, 4-wheel drum brakes. Manual steering. Leaked/used a qt of oil between gas fillups-and you could only fill tank halfway due to the seam leaking. And when you got gas and added oil you needed to top off the master cyl, not sure where it was leaking at. No brake booster and stopping quickly was not possible. I will say it fired right up every time, only bought it because my ranger at the time (the ‘88) had the engine out being overhauled. The tempo I was driving threw a rod, took out the cyl next to it and became a 2-cyl. (still ran) Knew where this bronco was and picked it up for 600. Given all its issues and that it wasnt up to being a daily driver, I traded even up for a 82 mercury zepher z-7. A month later that guy sold the bronco to someone else and the motor went on its way home.

Slammin Sam

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
There have been several B2s on on Bring A Trailer the last few months bring 5 digit prices. Granted they were near perfect examples.

09fx4guy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Pre Key w/ #1 Bars
Tire Size
265/70R16
I know that some of the B2's that are out there are going for really high dollar amounts, but they are usually perfect. You also have to consider the fact that when people are putting a vehicle up for sale, they most times are doubling what they are willing to accept for it. I know if I listed one of my vehicles, I would put it higher because I know plenty of people would make really low offers, and also to scare away tire kickers.

If I found a relatively low mileage, rust free, real good shape B2, especially if it was like the 85 b2 Eddie Bauer my grandpa had, I would pay up for it.

Mightyfordranger

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
3in
My credo
Clean your room before you criticise the world.
Man I thought I had big money in my b2 lol and I dont the body work done yet. I think I drove it twice this year. Sits in a tarp shed behind my garage. Keeps snow and rain off it. Needs rust holes fixed and I have some other stuffs to do yet. But just haven't gotten to it yet. Couldnt bring myself to sell it, grew up ridding in it.

Last edited:

wildbill23c

U.S. Military - Veteran
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Ham Radio Operator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Total Drop
Tire Size
215/70-R14
My credo
19K, 19D, 92Y, 88M, 91F....OIF-III (2004-2005)
I know that some of the B2's that are out there are going for really high dollar amounts, but they are usually perfect. You also have to consider the fact that when people are putting a vehicle up for sale, they most times are doubling what they are willing to accept for it. I know if I listed one of my vehicles, I would put it higher because I know plenty of people would make really low offers, and also to scare away tire kickers.

If I found a relatively low mileage, rust free, real good shape B2, especially if it was like the 85 b2 Eddie Bauer my grandpa had, I would pay up for it.
Have to start high because at least where I live people want you to give everything to them as they are cheap asses. Over-pricing stuff typically weeds out the people wanting handouts.

DirtBronco

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Bronco II
Man I thought I had big money in my b2 lol and I dont the body work done yet. I think I drove it twice this year. Sits in a tarp shed behind my garage. Keeps snow and rain off it. Needs rust holes fixed and I have some other stuffs to do yet. But just haven't gotten to it yet. Couldnt bring myself to sell it, grew up ridding in it.
Hang in there! Especially with a V8, a restored BII is something special.
Despite all the negative press even in this thread alone, I've still never understood the disdain for this as a classic.
Limited run, unique engine, "unique" looks...

I've got 3 friends with full sized broncos of various years, including a '95 EB in black with the leather front bench, and they all admit that the BII is a seriously cool car.
And that was before I started regurgitating all the 2.9 renaissance stuff that's been creeping up recently.

Mightyfordranger

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
3in
My credo
Hang in there! Especially with a V8.

That v8 tag was from a previous truck I had can't figure out how to remove it lol.
But I do have plans for a repower of some sort. I have 3 different directions I could go. 4.0l sohc 1.9 alh TDI and the trust 302. I just don't have the ambition to wrench right now, can't decide on which one to do anyway lol

Also I haven't met anyone else with a b2 aside from this forum. Like in person I havent seen another one in like 15 years since I was a kid.

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Hang in there! Especially with a V8.

That v8 tag was from a previous truck I had can't figure out how to remove it lol.
But I do have plans for a repower of some sort. I have 3 different directions I could go. 4.0l sohc 1.9 alh TDI and the trust 302. I just don't have the ambition to wrench right now, can't decide on which one to do anyway lol

Also I haven't met anyone else with a b2 aside from this forum. Like in person I havent seen another one in like 15 years since I was a kid.
They are around. One of my friends had one in high school, I know of 3-4 around town right now.

duffy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco II
Transmission
Automatic
There are five of them in the small town I live in (pop. 3600).......had a gent stick his head in my shop the other day and wanted to look at mine (he had followed me home from down town).

Mightyfordranger

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
3in
My credo
What's more impressive is how we keep track of how many of a certain car are in our area... LMAO

vonD1025

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
2 inch body lift
Tire Size
30”
Great thread 🤣. The prices for B2’s have gone up even more looking around. Glad Ford came out with the new Bronco. Worst case scenario we can always make our money back! 👍🏻

wildbill23c

U.S. Military - Veteran
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Ham Radio Operator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Total Drop
Tire Size
215/70-R14
My credo
For sale 1988 Ford Bronco 2 Eddie Bauer. $25,000, no low ballers, I know what I've got. 1/2 the price of a new Bronco ;). Comes with 30+ year old chassis that leaks, squeaks, creaks, groans, and guzzles gas...even comes with that trusty A4LD automatic transmission, but with manual hubs, and manual transfer case, a Ford factory stereo that like all the rest of them doesn't work, both electric windows sort of work, driver's one rattles a bit as the guides are worn out. But the damn thing will go pretty much anywhere....I'd hate to see where it would go if it just had limited slip differentials, it goes places I wouldn't think it would go as it is with open diffs.

Attachments

snoranger

Professional money waster
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
RBV's on Boost
ASE Certified Tech
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'79,'94,'02,'23
Make / Model
All Fords
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
I didn't ask for your life story, just answer the question!

wildbill23c

U.S. Military - Veteran
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Ham Radio Operator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Total Drop
Tire Size
215/70-R14
My credo
You seem to have put your decimal point in the wrong spot.
HAHA no kidding LOL. More like $2.50 seems more applicable to what they're really worth. Only reason I spent the money I did on mine is because I love driving it. No way I would put that kind of money into one I was trying to sell, at that point it would just go to the crusher. Hell I think those 2 back side windows are worth more than the whole damn vehicle LOL.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals