• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

board stalker for a long time finally signed up

gootheboy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
i have referanced this site more times then i can remeber both on my previous two rangers and on friends. couple weeks ago i bought my 3rd ranger. few things i've been reading on here i'd like to do but would like imput from people who have done these things. i just did a u pull run. picked up a new heater resistor and gauge cluster along with a couple rims and tires for my snow tires. i love the truck i'm the 3rd owner and its been well maintained. heater only works on high but i got the part to fix that. got it and two days later blew a brake line. i was told the brake lines were new and shown a bill for it. well they replaced all but the one that blew. lol thats my luck. i'd like to do the coil mod so both plugs fire at the same time. seen down right fights on message boards about it. i live in a mt area where 10lbs of torque would save alot of shifting. is it really as easy as it sounds? second real question is i picked up a cluster out of a 93-94 4x4 v6 i would really like to have a tach. can i rearange the cluster i have in it now so i down have to take the speedo cable loose? big pain for me to get my hands behind there. do i have to take a pin out of the plug ins? i really don't want to rip this apart and get stuck on it. also while at the yard i happened to throw a police interceptor wheel and tire on a ranger and it fit! has anyone tried this? i wouldn't mind picking a set up to go auto cross the truck if they'll clear. the contact patch would be huge and it should corner like the dickens. i wouldnt use them for daily driving bc they would kill my mileage. but thoughts?

bmerr98

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 X
Transmission
Manual
My credo
Leave it better than you found it.
Welcome to TRS! Hope you find all the info you need for the mods you have planned. Pretty smart bunch on here. Enjoy!

gootheboy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
ok update, i swapped in a tach unit yesterday. found the build card it was a 93 expo that i pulled from a ranger. oh well. thru some swapping of lightbulbs and gauges everything works fine and looks factory. one thing i haven't seen on th dash swaps is that (atleast 93-94 ) you can pull the original speedo out and stick it in the new cluster. awesome i don't have to do math when i wanna know how many miles are on it now.
question. i pulled my heater resister out to replace it. more then likely it was original. and tried to remove the clip. no luck. any tips? is there a solvent that i can use that won't destroy things. junk yard is 60 miles away so i can't just brake it and replace it. so now i have a new resister sitting in my garage and no way to put it in.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

No members online now.

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals