• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Body Lift Question

92MiniMonster

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Transmission
Automatic
Im in the middle of putting my suspension and body lift on my 92 ranger. I started with the Body lift first. Its a performance accessories kit through Rough Country, in the directions it says to use the " kit bolt, kist washer, and kit nylock nut (1/2"). Only problem is that i dont have that nut. Anyone else encounter this. Im just wondering if im supposed to use those factory clips that slide over the frame?? Any help will be great. Only reason i ask here is because tech. desk is closed.
Thanks,
Shawn

mhughes165

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Im in the middle of putting my suspension and body lift on my 92 ranger. I started with the Body lift first. Its a performance accessories kit through Rough Country, in the directions it says to use the " kit bolt, kist washer, and kit nylock nut (1/2"). Only problem is that i dont have that nut. Anyone else encounter this. Im just wondering if im supposed to use those factory clips that slide over the frame?? Any help will be great. Only reason i ask here is because tech. desk is closed.
Thanks,
Shawn
yes they want you to use the factory clips that slide over the frame, i had thought that was odd myself aswell, back when i ordered the body lift for my old 87 (ext cab 4x4) it had come with nuts for the bottom side, however this one came with no such nuts so i had to be EXTREMELY carefull not to break any of fords wonderfull speed clips.....

92MiniMonster

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Transmission
Automatic
Sounds good, two of my bolts broke off in those clips, so i think i might just put a nut on those two. Not much else i can do about it. O well, itll still work, thanks,
Shawn

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals