• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

brake line threads

therieldeal

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
i am going to nix my RABS unit to get my rear brakes working again. i dont have $130 to drop on this thing at the moment, so i'm just going to replace it with a short piece of brake line.

anyone know what the threads on the RABS unit are?

canyoncritter

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Willys,Ford,Jee
Transmission
Manual
I have a working, RABS unit out of my 91. 6pac of beer ($10)and a TRS year member ship(10 bucks) and the shipping its yours if you want it.

therieldeal

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
i'm hesitant to install a used one, after the issues mine has and the issues i've read of other people having...

is it a newer/rebuilt unit or an original part from 91?

cocoasranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
When I had mine go out I had a new one installed. I would have snapped up canyoncritter's offer in a heartbeat if he had it available back then. You could replace the bad part at least 4 times at this price without hitting the price of a new one. Mine was more like $190.00 installed. Just a thought.:icon_cheers:

therieldeal

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
but if it's the original 18 year old part it could lock up again in a month... thats the only thing i'm worried about.

i checked the size of the fittings... they are either 7/16 or 11mm - could go either way :/

K9ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ranger
Transmission
Manual
I have a working, RABS unit out of my 91. 6pac of beer ($10)and a TRS year member ship(10 bucks) and the shipping its yours if you want it.
Canyoncritter I'll take you up on that offer.

canyoncritter

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Willys,Ford,Jee
Transmission
Manual
got back under the truck the other day, what I did was change out out the fittings with fittings from a old 3.16 brakeline I had here. then got a adapter to mate them.I used a hydro fitting, that I proably got at westflex.com but any local hose shop should beable to fix you up.

and you will need a flair tool,I have the harbor fart one. if your carefull with it it will work, but you do have to take your time with it.as well....its a cheap tool.

therieldeal

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
ok so... the only metric brake line fittings that napa had were M10x1.0. Bought them....they dont work.

i decided to pump the brakes with the rear line removed from the abs valve... i was able to force fluid through, and now it comes out easily. not sure what happened...

so i hooked the line back up. bled the RR wheel no problem. snapped the damn bleeder off for the LR wheel :(. now i need to go buy a wheel cylinder etc. damn truck...

Sasquatch_Ryda

Ford Technician
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Forum Staff - Retired
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
Tire Size
40s
I just took mine out today and bypassed it with a hard line.

The fittings take an 11mm flare nut wrench and are 1/4" thread. I used 2 1/4" unions and a 4" piece of 3/16" hard line with 1/4" inverted flare nuts on each end.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals