• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Broken Leaf Spring

reggioisme

June 2011 STOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3l 4 cylinder
Transmission
Manual
i broke a leaf spring, broke the middle leaf in half dont ask how it happened but i need to get the ranger back on the road its my dd and i was wondering where i could pick up a pair of new leaf springs. There are ones on ebay for a decent price that are 4 leafs that im interested im not sure if these are good or where else i could get some

reggioisme

June 2011 STOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3l 4 cylinder
Transmission
Manual
Nevermind this i went to walmart to get some formula for the kid while i was walking round i found some heavy duty zip ties, hook and loop (strength to hold my kid to the wall) , electrical tape, and srink wrap. What i did was i put the broken part back to its original place with the hook and loop in between the leafs then i took a bunch of the zip ties around the whole spring then put the srink wrap on and then electrical taped it so that the spring wouldnt rust any more then it has already. Its a great fix!!! the rear end of the truck feels like NEW!!

I'll post pictures up shortly

Beanmachine7000

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
Nevermind this i went to walmart to get some formula for the kid while i was walking round i found some heavy duty zip ties, hook and loop (strength to hold my kid to the wall) , electrical tape, and srink wrap. What i did was i put the broken part back to its original place with the hook and loop in between the leafs then i took a bunch of the zip ties around the whole spring then put the srink wrap on and then electrical taped it so that the spring wouldnt rust any more then it has already. Its a great fix!!! the rear end of the truck feels like NEW!!

I'll post pictures up shortly
I hope that's a joke... If not, fix it right... Get new leafs... That's just a 4k lb death machine now...

Davis

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Please please tell me you are kidding.

If not, please do not ever try to repair a car again. ever.

Crunchy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Transmission
Automatic
Ohh boy, I'm signing in, this might just become epic.

Unless the OP is just looking for his 15 minutes of fame.

reggioisme

June 2011 STOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3l 4 cylinder
Transmission
Manual
well ive done this to a couple of other peoples trucks and it seems like this idea is working pretty good for them, so i think that it was a good fix!!!

Beanmachine7000

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
So, you're saying somebody actually saying somebody let YOU fix THEIR truck? I really hope this is a joke...

I just checked out your Cardomain page... I'm afraid this might not be a joke... Get rid of those things that are in the middle of your coil springs!! Are you just trying to kill yourself?

snocompton

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.8l
Transmission
Automatic
Sounds legit. Come work on mine?

Rufus

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
The alignment shop here in town has a whole building full of springs, maybe there's one like that in your neck of the woods. I do some blacksmithing and bought a leg vice without a spring and stopped in and told them what I was doing and they gave me a leaf. Maybe you can talk them out of a used one that will fit in there?

valleyvinyl84

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1984 / 1994
Make / Model
Ford / Chevy
Engine Size
2.0 / 350 CID
Transmission
Manual
I hope and I pray that this is a joke.

rboyer

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.hoe
Transmission
Manual
I spit out half of a middle leaf while doing out a burnout one time and thought it was bad when I rigged it back together with U-Bolt clamps. I purchased a set of Explorer springs from the local junkyard for like $30 and that included them torching them out of the vehicle and bringing them to the gate for me. Springs are cheap and if you don't seem to realize this then well that's natural selection I guess.

reggioisme

June 2011 STOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3l 4 cylinder
Transmission
Manual
All of this is a good idea, but the way that i fixed it this time it took about 4 hours to complete, and to take off all of that hard would be a pain in the ass. Money situation is different i have to buy a swing set for my wife and I. Im also starting a lawn care business where i have to tow a estimated 2500lb trailer not including equipment and it really ways down the ass end of the truck so i think that the spring how it is is really going to hold up quite well. After i was done fixing the spring its self i had a couple of guys 130lbs each jump on the bumper to insure the work of this master piece.

rboyer

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.hoe
Transmission
Manual
This guy has to be trolling.

rangerrager

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Automatic
this is crazyy!! very very bad idea its people like you who shouldnt be able to drive on the road ur gonna end up killing yourself or others

reggioisme

June 2011 STOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3l 4 cylinder
Transmission
Manual
all right so went out and bought 2 new leaf springs with 4 leafs, new u bolt, shackle mount, and rear brakes good thing for tax returns its gonna be a good weekend spent workin on the green bean

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals