• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

bronco 2 paint and body work

will.moyer

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9l
Transmission
Automatic
:headbang:Ok so I need some help my b2 is the blue and white color I paid 700$ for it and it needs some serious body work. I want to paint it flat black and keep my white middle and get the blue and white stripes back and place them in the same spot as they were I have never seen a b2 like this if anybody could give some feed back and possible pictures on how it would look I would appreciate it. also my wheels have some rust spots and I thought for the time being until I can get new wheels I would paint them flat black I didn't know if that would look good for the time. that's all I post for now but if yall could help me out and tell me how this looks I really appreciate it thank yall... keep in mind im only a college student and have already put tires it so I don't have much money.

LIMA BEAN

TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
:headbang:Ok so I need some help my b2 is the blue and white color I paid 700$ for it and it needs some serious body work. I want to paint it flat black and keep my white middle and get the blue and white stripes back and place them in the same spot as they were I have never seen a b2 like this if anybody could give some feed back and possible pictures on how it would look I would appreciate it. also my wheels have some rust spots and I thought for the time being until I can get new wheels I would paint them flat black I didn't know if that would look good for the time. that's all I post for now but if yall could help me out and tell me how this looks I really appreciate it thank yall... keep in mind im only a college student and have already put tires it so I don't have much money.
There is a forum here you can ask photochop gurus to do this, also flat black on rims suck... go satin.:icon_thumby:

Yea in the TRS Photo and Video galleries is a sub forum for photochopping. Go there and ask and the folks will hook you up. Mind you its a low priority thing.

Last edited:

will.moyer

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9l
Transmission
Automatic
There is a forum here you can ask photochop gurus to do this, also flat black on rims suck... go satin.:icon_thumby:

Yea in the TRS Photo and Video galleries is a sub forum for photochopping. Go there and ask and the folks will hook you up. Mind you its a low priority thing.
thanks i never thought about satin all my friends said go flat haha

wildbill23c

U.S. Military - Veteran
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Ham Radio Operator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Total Drop
Tire Size
215/70-R14
My credo
19K, 19D, 92Y, 88M, 91F....OIF-III (2004-2005)
The cost to have it painted will be more than you paid for the vehicle. I was told it would cost around $1200 to paint mine which is yellow/cream. But that's after about $2000 in body damage repairs. Not worth it to me, I'll drive it till it completely falls apart as $3200 is about half of what I make in a year.

PetesPonies

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Size
2.3l
Transmission
Manual
So Bill, I couldn't stand it, had to bite. You are making about $7 grand a year??

will.moyer

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9l
Transmission
Automatic
Iv started to paint my b2 finally i just put bondo on today in the rust spots to fill in body and i have painted by bumpers flat black as well tomorrow if i have enough sun light ill paint the whole thing!

PetesPonies

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Size
2.3l
Transmission
Manual
Why would you fill in rust with bodyfiller? Because you like doing this work over again down the road??

will.moyer

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9l
Transmission
Automatic
Why would you fill in rust with bodyfiller? Because you like doing this work over again down the road??
for the time being i cut it out down to the bare metal with a grinder and took some rust neutralizer and killed the rust that was left than put the body filler in there, but when i can get back home im going back to my hs and putting new metal on there its just a quick fix for the time being so it doesn't look bad until December, for right now since im in school and not working im just lookin for the quick fix

will.moyer

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9l
Transmission
Automatic
ITS PAINTED!!!! WOOT WOOT ill be posting pictures tomorrow when the suns out i finished just as it was getting dark probably gonna do some more coats but its nice for now

PetesPonies

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Size
2.3l
Transmission
Manual
huh? painted already? hmmmmm

will.moyer

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9l
Transmission
Automatic
i did a quick rattle can... again in college not a lot of money and really doesnt look bad i did flat black

wildbill23c

U.S. Military - Veteran
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Ham Radio Operator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Total Drop
Tire Size
215/70-R14
My credo
19K, 19D, 92Y, 88M, 91F....OIF-III (2004-2005)
So Bill, I couldn't stand it, had to bite. You are making about $7 grand a year??
Sorry took so long to find this, for some reason my computer doesn't show updated posts sometimes.

Yes, I make about $7-10 grand a year. Goes really far for doing anything useful.....NOT!!!!

30 Hours a week $8/hr. Not even gonna get started. Sick of people putting other's down just because they aren't as well off as others.

Last edited:

PetesPonies

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Size
2.3l
Transmission
Manual
all in the eye of the beholder. I did the college thing too, so I know what can be done while in college.

will.moyer

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9l
Transmission
Automatic
all in the eye of the beholder. I did the college thing too, so I know what can be done while in college.
yeah right now im just tryn to be as cheap as itll let me be but if i have to spend the money i will but its coming along not as fast as i wish but its getting i just keep finding other issues along the way, if it hadnt been for the locking hubs i would already have my lift and tires! but it happens

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals