• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

BS facts people will tell you about their used vehicle for sale.

BlueChariot

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'94
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
So, today me and my friend were driving around and we pulled in a run-down excuse for a strip-mall in town, and we spy what I knew was a Crown Vic Interceptor with a for sale sign in the window. We get out to check it out, and it's clean as hell, the price listed was fair, and it drove great.

Now, the thing that makes me laugh is the guy noticed I was a car person after I mentioned that I liked decomissioned Interceptors due to the upgraded equipment.He then goes on about how this was an FBI car, how it supposedly has the DOHC engine the same as a Marauder or Mustang Mach 1, and how the suspension has aluminum A arms, and other special suspension modifications "to help cornering".

The things people will tell you to get their car sold. :annoyed:

Anyone else heard similar BS as this?

4.0B2

Supporting Member
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6
Transmission
Automatic
oh yea.... i read it and see it all the time. for awhile i was buying and flipping cars so... i heard a lot of stuff. let me think... hm...i'll have to get back w/ ya on that tho! lol

BlueChariot

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'94
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Turns out the "FBI" story can be common with people selling decommissioned Interceptors. The odd thing is, it was in excellent shape and the price was fair so I can only guess that either he is a complete idiot and believes it himself, or he was just trying to make it seem like a mad deal.

4.0B2

Supporting Member
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6
Transmission
Automatic
yeah

had a guy tell me that the odometer was wrong on a truck one time. it was only 58000 miles on it, yet the od said 158000. he said he bought it NEW w/ 100000 on the odo.

heptofite

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
yeah

had a guy tell me that the odometer was wrong on a truck one time. it was only 58000 miles on it, yet the od said 158000. he said he bought it NEW w/ 100000 on the odo.
that's actually felony fraud, nice job on his part.

Ranger Sport Honduras

Zoom Zoom
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mitsubishi/Ford
Engine Size
3.0/2.3
My credo
Fortune Favors the Brave
i was talked about a rotary engine dodge dakota, while the thing had a huge v6 engine on it...

4.0B2

Supporting Member
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6
Transmission
Automatic
its a v6 rotary bro.. aint you heard of that? come on man!! get up to date

BlueChariot

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'94
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
i was talked about a rotary engine dodge dakota, while the thing had a huge v6 engine on it...
Now THAT is a direct insult to your intelligence as a high functioning mammal. I thought the Interceptor guy's suspension story was bad but damn. lol

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I once heard that a pickup I was looking at got great milage, was ran great and went right thru mud.

1 was kinda right. Lucky to get 10mpg if it wasn't being pushed into the garage and it did as good in the mud as the street tires could do.

11 years later... while it still doesn't get "great" milage by my standards it is much improved in each category.

I still want to flick the little turd in the nose every time I see him though...

Last edited:

kissofdeathracing

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I went with my buddy to look at a firebird formula that he fell in love with (bad idea) after I killed his honda (interesting story) they told him its was a 94 and had a build 350 and it ran like a top handled great and a load more garbage that he bought hook line and sinker. I pop the hood saw a bone stock 91 tpi 305 and on the test drive was the only rwd car Ive seen that had UNDERSTEER it was as useless as a brick in a corner and about one day later the engine died at 55 it stopped getting fuel never did find the problem after checking everything and tearing it down when he sold it he fed the next guy the same line of crap

I dont get why people bs you on when selling a car cuz I mean come on those lies could get someone killed

Last edited:

94 lngbd

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.3l
Transmission
Manual
The one that salesmen use all the time ,"great car & good on gas I've been driving it for the last week or so", Yet before you leave the lot they tell you that there own car is ______ & its right over there. Didn't know a single person could drive 2 cars at once.

Ranger Sport Honduras

Zoom Zoom
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mitsubishi/Ford
Engine Size
3.0/2.3
My credo
Fortune Favors the Brave
another one: went to see a tuned focus.
it had a turbo, wich i couldnt hear while tested, or feel or even see under the hood.
when i asked about said turbo, the guy said it was integrated here *pointed the valve cover*

i just walked away nodding my head

press 1 for english

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
So, today me and my friend were driving around and we pulled in a run-down excuse for a strip-mall in town, and we spy what I knew was a Crown Vic Interceptor with a for sale sign in the window. We get out to check it out, and it's clean as hell, the price listed was fair, and it drove great.

Now, the thing that makes me laugh is the guy noticed I was a car person after I mentioned that I liked decomissioned Interceptors due to the upgraded equipment.He then goes on about how this was an FBI car, how it supposedly has the DOHC engine the same as a Marauder or Mustang Mach 1, and how the suspension has aluminum A arms, and other special suspension modifications "to help cornering".

And you verified everything this salesman says was untrue?? Most police cars do have upgraded suspensions.

Last edited:

straycat

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
02 06 and 2012
Make / Model
Jeeps
Transmission
Automatic

I do know that one of my buddies is a retired FBI agent and he had a retired car from the motor pool. I drove that car a few times and I was really impressed with it. Ii did have a modified suspension on it as I loved the way the car took corners and handled like it was on rails. The performance of the motor was incredible!!! But...how would anybody know that car you saw was a former FBI car buy just looking at it? IDK. But the car I drove was wicked. Did you look under the car to see what the A arms looked like? I never looked under my buddies car. He had that car for about 10 years and sold it for more money then I would have paid for it!!!

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals