• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

built ford tough

Rangered06

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2006/1987
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
4.0L V6/2.9 V6
Transmission
Automatic
ok as the title says this is try in fact built ford tough story i was riding in my dads '05 F-150 4x4 we were behind some old lady in a chevy hhr. this is a 2 lane street and she turned her RIGHT signal on and slowed way down as she started going on to the RIGHT shoulder so we started going around on her left side in the other lane. we were right next to her when i noticed her signal go from RIGHT to LEFT next thing i knew we connected.

now before i show the pictures of the damage im gonna let u know what the trooper said when he gave us the ticket........ he said you are supposed to flash your lights or honk your horn when u are going to pass someone but what keep the person who actually caused the accident from lieing her ass off. it wasnt a no passing zone btw.

but enough ranting her is the damage.

first the woman who hit us

soooo much damage lol

and now for the "massive" damage to my dads 150

little scuff on the quarter

and a scuffed tire

:thefinger::thefinger::thefinger: FORDS ARE BEASTS :icon_hornsup::icon_hornsup::icon_hornsup:

chrwilkins30

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
that's what happens when they put plastic bumpers on tiny toys

4.0B2

Supporting Member
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6
Transmission
Automatic
i'm waiting till someone hits my front bumper... see what happens. i don't want it to by any means but...

sblake01

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Doesn't sound to me like you exercised enough caution. I know I wasn't there but my statement has nothing to do with blame. My grandson was in a similar accident where he anticipated what another driver was going to do and then the other driver did something different and they ended up getting together. All I'm saying is that with all of the yahoos that are out there on the roads nowdays, you have to be reasonably sure that they are really going to do what it looks like they are going to do. The damage could have been worse or someone could have been hurt......

straycat

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
02 06 and 2012
Make / Model
Jeeps
Transmission
Automatic
The laws are always hard to follow at times. Anytime you are behind somebody...they have the right of way because they are ahead of you. If you try to pass somebody in a two lane road who is turning left or right and they are ahead of you...they have the right of way. If it is a no passing zone as in this case...your dad is in the wrong, regardless of which way that person is turning...they have the right of way even if they change their mind as which way there are turning. It is up to both drivers to pay attention of course. Bu,t this time is caused an accident. Nobody was hurt which is the best thing!!!

naford

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
If thats the front of her car and the rear of the truck how in the "H" did they give you a ticket? Didn't she see you? What did she say? At best if you both have insurance the trooper should have called it a wash and not given any tickets.

Rangered06

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2006/1987
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
4.0L V6/2.9 V6
Transmission
Automatic
If it is a no passing zone as in this case...your dad is in the wrong,
it wasn't a no passing zone as i stated passing was legal on that stretch of road.

just wanted to clear that up

Rangered06

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2006/1987
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
4.0L V6/2.9 V6
Transmission
Automatic
the ticket was only $128 lol

rcwc28

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford&mazda
Engine Size
2.3/both
Transmission
Manual
The laws are always hard to follow at times. Anytime you are behind somebody...they have the right of way because they are ahead of you. If you try to pass somebody in a two lane road who is turning left or right and they are ahead of you...they have the right of way. If it is a no passing zone as in this case...your dad is in the wrong, regardless of which way that person is turning...they have the right of way even if they change their mind as which way there are turning. It is up to both drivers to pay attention of course. Bu,t this time is caused an accident. Nobody was hurt which is the best thing!!!
actually if you look at the pics she hit his rear side so id say how could she not see him in the same stance hmmmmm? old lady looking for a new ford too. she found out chevy hhrs suck

straycat

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
02 06 and 2012
Make / Model
Jeeps
Transmission
Automatic
it wasn't a no passing zone as i stated passing was legal on that stretch of road.

just wanted to clear that up
Does not matter...your dad was in the wrong...the other driver was ahead of your dad... she was turning and he had no right to pass since he was not supposed to overtake a turning vehicle...that is the law. The damage is on the right front of the lady's vehicle and now she can get a lawyer and sue your dad and win. Case not dismissed, pay the lady sir!!!!!!

Rangered06

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2006/1987
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
4.0L V6/2.9 V6
Transmission
Automatic
4511.27 Passing Other Vehicles - A driver must audibly signal before passing any other vehicle and then he or she may proceed to pass on the left. The vehicle being passed must give way after being signaled and must not increase speed

sblake01

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Pretty much, as both my grandson and your dad found out, any time you hit a vehicle that was in front of you, it will go down as your fault, with very few exceptions regardless of what you think of the vehicle you collide with or the person who is driving it. Comments like 'old lady' or 'Chevy HHRs suck' don't really have any real use in this discussion. In this case, it's not a passing issue; it's a right of way issue.

straycat

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
02 06 and 2012
Make / Model
Jeeps
Transmission
Automatic
4511.27 Passing Other Vehicles - A driver must audibly signal before passing any other vehicle and then he or she may proceed to pass on the left. The vehicle being passed must give way after being signaled and must not increase speed
Won't hold up in court. Your dad hit her in the front right hand side of the car. All the judge will say is your dad passed a vehicle that was in front of him and was making a turn....I know this for a fact since I know several people who have been through this. The person in front of the vehicle always won in court. I have asked my cop buddies about this years ago and 2 of my buddies are FHP for over 20 years know. They all have told me the law about this incident you two had.
I have known about it for many years now. I even got a ticket once for passing a vehicle that was ahead of me making a turn when I was driving on a two lane road. That was when I was in High School. A cop was behind me and he gave me a huge 30 min. lecture on what I did wrong. There was no sign posted that this was a no passing zone, so I went ahead and passed the driver that was turning right ahead of me. The cop following me pulled me over for it. and told me that the person ahead of you has the right of way. If the person was braking and turning right and changed their mind to turn left they have the right of way. The cop told me that if I had hit them as I passed them and they changed their min to turn left instead of right I would be at fault. I went to a driving school and did not have to pay the ticket. In driving school this was discussed and I was i the wrong. Two weeks ago I took a driving class for AARP and got another 12% discount off my USAA home-life-auto policy. In the driving class this again was discussed about passing laws. Evidently this has happened a lot and there have been a lot of lawsuits filed over people passing other drivers that are turning ahead of them who have the right of way!!!

If a person ahead of you is braking as to enter a street and even if they do not use a turn signal...are you going to drive around them and then get into an accident?? That is 100% stupidity!!!!!

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals