• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Cavalier help

94STXRanger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0, 302
Transmission
Manual
So this isnt really for a ranger but i figured this was the best place for some smart guys, and gals! So my sisters cavalier had the battery light come on, and i guess her battery isnt being charged. So we took it to Oreilly and had the alt tested and the battery was only getting like 8volts. So im gonna replace the alt and just wanted to make sure that was the right road to travel?
Thanks

06yellowranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I had the same problem in my '90 Z24, and yeah, getting a new alt should clear up the problem

94STXRanger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0, 302
Transmission
Manual
Awesome thanks, lookin forward to it in the heat tomorrow.

06yellowranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
yeah, the heat is freakin awful no matter where you go, but anyway, goodluck, the new alternetor should do the trick, if it doesn't, I'm not sure what else could be causing it

94STXRanger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0, 302
Transmission
Manual
Just finished. This morning I left to get the part and noticed the only shade from or lone tree in the yard was shading the car and went to about twenty fieet away, givin me a few hours of cool shade. Got back, haggled with the old one and intake, took it out, and put the new one in which is a b#tch is such a tight car. Finally got it all finished up and the shade was only five feet away. Just in time!

06yellowranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
lol, you barley made it, haha, post up on how it does, I would think/hope that replacing it should do the trick

Sevensecondsuv

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Many
Make / Model
All Fords!
Engine Size
Many
Transmission
Manual
If I knew a cavalier owner who had a battery go bad I would reccomend replacing the entire car :D

94STXRanger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0, 302
Transmission
Manual
haha its all done and working great, athank you! Replacing was def the trick, and if my sister had the money to replace it she would, but for now she hires the family mechanic. Great of the year for this sort of thing. yeah had maybe a half hour of shade left. Wasnt to bad though i guess.

06yellowranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
good to hear that did the trick, I may not like chevy's, but I do miss my Z24, that was a fast car(not stock at all), but that's what happens when you hit a tree at 50mph

94STXRanger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0, 302
Transmission
Manual
Dang that sucks. Yeah my sisters isnt one of the best cavaliers. Its funny you say that because her boyfriend who also has a cavalier was coming to our house one icy afternoon, hit black ice, then one of those porsche SUV's, and THEN a tree. Its in pretty terrible shape and he wants to try and fix it. Thats a waste in my opinion, but he kept it nice and i guess its worth it to him.

06yellowranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Dang that sucks. Yeah my sisters isnt one of the best cavaliers. Its funny you say that because her boyfriend who also has a cavalier was coming to our house one icy afternoon, hit black ice, then one of those porsche SUV's, and THEN a tree. Its in pretty terrible shape and he wants to try and fix it. Thats a waste in my opinion, but he kept it nice and i guess its worth it to him.
They're to expensive to fix, I kept mine, but my oil pan was ripped off from hitting a log on the ground after I starting "off-road" in it, and I hit the tree so hard that it broke my wheel, bent the axle, and snapped the axle shaft, but I'm working on making it a drag car, I'll let ya know when that gets done :rolleyes:

94STXRanger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0, 302
Transmission
Manual
Dang seriously let me know about that. Maybe when i finally fix up my 65 stang we can race!

06yellowranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
lol, when I'm done with in no particular order, my ranger, the '79 f-150 drag truck, and the cavalier dragster, I'll let ya know, my f-150 is definiteley gonna be faster, I'm putting in a stroked 351w, and a 6 speed, plus many, many more mods, still not sure about the cavalier, I was thinking about using a V8 out of a camaro and supercharging it, but i haven't made up my mind, I'll keep ya updated, but it's gonna be some time, since I'm starting UTI in november and won't have any extra money

94STXRanger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0, 302
Transmission
Manual
Ha startin college here too. Yeah after i get the parts i want for my truck, then a new bike, then ill start my street rod mustang, and me and my dad will do his '49 F100 hot rod with the 351 as well.

06yellowranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
nice, I love old truck street rods, my '79 is getting dropped as well, but I'll have to do some cutting on the bed for the drag radials, I might just buy a different '79 that I've had my eye on, not as much body work needs to be done, mine is pretty much green and rust, mostly rust though, the one I want has been garage stored and repainted every 7 or 8 years throughout it's life, plus it's a one owner, only $3,000

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals