• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Central Tenn. - North Ala. Wheelin' Dec.12th

RangerSVT

Oct 09 OTOTM
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
RBV's on Boost
ASE Certified Tech
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
GT-40 5.0L EFI W/AC
Transmission
Automatic
B2, I take it you found your way to I-24 ok?? I started thinkin after that taking 24 all the way to exit 65 (like the way you took coming in) may be the long way in mileage, but its probably shorter time wise since your traveling at highway speeds all the way. How good of time did you make goin back home?? Where I turned off of 79 I'm like 2 miles down that road, so for me the way we took is the best route...
SVT

railman

December 2011 OTOTM Winner
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
i had a ball...as allways....:yahoo::yahoo:

and when ya havein' sooo much fun....seems like less and less pics are taken....:sad:

anyways i have a few....:icon_thumby:

of course we start out with Rick in a puddle....( don't we allways... :icon_rofl: )

Frank's truck...

Frank and B2...

here is Frank, his girlfriend Brandi, Rick, and my daughter Alicia...

the trucks..

all of us with our trucks...

and one of Rick with his lights on.....:icon_thumby:

we will be planning an overnight trip to " B2's Mountain " towards the spring...have an overnight camping ride:icon_thumby:

Glad Turkey Bay was fun for ya, allways is for us...

l8r, John

B2 Addict

V8 Engine Swap
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
Tire Size
37x12.50-17
B2, I take it you found your way to I-24 ok?? I started thinkin after that taking 24 all the way to exit 65 (like the way you took coming in) may be the long way in mileage, but its probably shorter time wise since your traveling at highway speeds all the way. How good of time did you make goin back home?? Where I turned off of 79 I'm like 2 miles down that road, so for me the way we took is the best route...
SVT
Yep, I made it! It took me just a little longer time wise going your direction, I think next time I will go back the way I came up. I appreciate you leading me out that way & giving me directions, but I was nervous following you down that 2 lane.....with all the curves, a damp road, me without a lot of tread & not knowing the road, & you driving like you were on an emergency call!! :3gears::shok::icon_rofl:

B2

B2 Addict

V8 Engine Swap
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
Tire Size
37x12.50-17
Allen, you got a pretty good capable rig:icon_thumby: you did the B2 justice just fine!! I don't know if we got any pics of pulling that frankenstein out, but he was stuck pretty good. As always, I had a blast as I know everyone did! John should have the pics up in a day or two, I'll see if I can get Brandi to email me the pics tomorrow and I'll get those up too...Allen, glad you had a good time. It's hard not to have a good time when going to Turkey Bay, but I gotta say this has been the best trip out there yet!! The trails were in the best of shape, lots of skill in various places, I just wish my front drive was working so we could have gone on more of the trails:bawling: Oh well, but look out come spring time, I'll be SAS'd, locked, loaded, articulated, and ready to hit any trail:yahoo::headbang:
SVT
I appreciate it, I was a little disappointed on my 1st try at the now "infamous mud hill" :annoyed:!! At least I was able to redeem myself by getting out on my own & making it the 2nd time! :icon_bounceblue:

I don't believe we got any pics of the frankenstein mustang unless Brandi happened to snap one from the truck. He was buried deep!!......What the he$$ was he thinkin'!?!? :icon_confused:

I wish you would have had front drive myself, but it was awesome regardless! I'm already wanting to come back!! :icon_thumby:

RangerSVT

Oct 09 OTOTM
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
RBV's on Boost
ASE Certified Tech
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
GT-40 5.0L EFI W/AC
Transmission
Automatic
Allen, I was actually driving slow, I was following your speed, I was just out front, lol. If I was on a call, you couldn't keep up, well, it'd be real hard. I know those roads, and in my district where I really know the roads...We were only doing about 45, I normally do about 60 down that road, 65-70 when dry...Guess when you get used to the road and know it, you don't pay attention to how fast you go:icon_rofl:
SVT

RangerSVT

Oct 09 OTOTM
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
RBV's on Boost
ASE Certified Tech
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
GT-40 5.0L EFI W/AC
Transmission
Automatic
I wish you would have had front drive myself, but it was awesome regardless!
Yeah me too, but the mud on my truck says different!! It was still a blast! At least I know what it feels like to have a prerunner, think I'll stick to 4WD
SVT

Frank The Tank

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
That infamous hill was no picnic for me with fresh meats.........
so I'd say the B2 rocked (with a skilled driver) coming up it, you had less trouble than I did coming down for sure, that was hairy!!!

It was a great time, and I did get a lil body damage (I either articulated too far when i got that tire in the air in the washout, or I ran a log up into my fender by that mustang dodge thingy......) oh well, I think I can fix it if I ever get all the mud out of the way to see what I really am looking at.

Brandi wants to bring her jeep next run, I sent her home with my camera so hopefully she can figure that all out. I really want the shots of me on that hill climb and B2addict in that water hole.

John did you ever find your brake issue? I took 641 straight to my house and stopped for subway.... something about a long day on the trail makes you want a delicious meatball sub..... ok so I can always go for a meatball sub (and half of brandi's sandwich) lol.

Will definately get together again.

Frank

jims89broncoII

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
sounds like you guys had a good time

RangerSVT

Oct 09 OTOTM
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
RBV's on Boost
ASE Certified Tech
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
GT-40 5.0L EFI W/AC
Transmission
Automatic
Frank, it could be a short day and you'd still be hungry and eat like a horse...Jim, you did miss a great time, but hopefully you can make the next one:icon_thumby:
SVT

railman

December 2011 OTOTM Winner
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
yup, found the brake issue....another rusted factory hard brake line...this time on the drivers side...

had it fixed this morning by Mike ( Rick knows who i am talkin' bout' ) while the wife and i went X-Mas shopping...hope my kids like what we got em'....not much, but better than a lump of coal :icon_thumby:

yeah, wish i had got some pics of the the "infamous hill" as well...too bad no-one got to see me climb it when i left "4" to go meet Allen at the front gate...

as everyone else says, can't wait to go back.....

l8r, John

B2 Addict

V8 Engine Swap
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
Tire Size
37x12.50-17
That infamous hill was no picnic for me with fresh meats.........
so I'd say the B2 rocked (with a skilled driver) coming up it, you had less trouble than I did coming down for sure, that was hairy!!!

It was a great time, and I did get a lil body damage (I either articulated too far when i got that tire in the air in the washout, or I ran a log up into my fender by that mustang dodge thingy......) oh well, I think I can fix it if I ever get all the mud out of the way to see what I really am looking at.

Brandi wants to bring her jeep next run, I sent her home with my camera so hopefully she can figure that all out. I really want the shots of me on that hill climb and B2addict in that water hole.

John did you ever find your brake issue? I took 641 straight to my house and stopped for subway.... something about a long day on the trail makes you want a delicious meatball sub..... ok so I can always go for a meatball sub (and half of brandi's sandwich) lol.

Will definately get together again.

Frank
Thanks for the compliment Frank!! Like Railman said, I wish we had some pics of that whole fiasco! :annoyed:

At least the damage is not too bad, should be easily fixable. A little damage here & there adds to the character of the truck! :icon_thumby:

Tell Brandi to bring that Jeep on out there, that way we can see how it's supposed to be done!! :headbang: I'd like to see what a lifted Cherokee can do, maybe it will motivate my buddy to do something with his!!

Railman, glad to hear you got your brake problem taken care of!

SVT, thanks for going "slow" for me on the blacktop! :rolleyes:

All that talk about a meatball sandwich has made me hungry, gotta go make me something to eat now! Ya'll keep in touch, I'm ready to go wheelin' again!! :icon_cheers:

jims89broncoII

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
my b2 would have killed over in that big puddle in the first pic. it doesnt like water for some reason! last time i went through something like that it died and i had to get pulled out, pull my plugs check for water and wait about 25 minutes before it would start! :(

ThatGuy

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
Where is this Turkey Bay you speak of? I'm looking for more riding spots to take the 'Sploder. I will NOT be going back to Windrock again unless an event is there. I thought moving up to the mountains there would be trails everywhere. Seems like the couple of places there are to wheel here charge an arm and leg just to get in. Makes you not want to do any real wheeling because if you break anything, you're just further in the hole.
I can take you to many, many spots in Mid. TN where you can wheel all day long for nothing more than gas, snacks, and beer.

jims89broncoII

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
theres plenty of wheeling up towards caryville/jellico north on 75 about 35 minutes from us where i always used to go. deff good times. let me know and we'll get somethin goin out there. and its free and legal all day everyday!

Frank The Tank

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
my b2 would have killed over in that big puddle in the first pic. it doesnt like water for some reason! last time i went through something like that it died and i had to get pulled out, pull my plugs check for water and wait about 25 minutes before it would start! :(
Your B2 is taller than my Ranger.... I went through it... very slowly, if you fly you will push water and end up sucking water like Rick did in that pic.

Wait ten minutes, dry the tube toss the filter and hammer down.

Yeah B2 addict, you had 4 rooster tails about 35ft high..... But the 2.8 pulled you through (sounded like it was pegging 9k rpms though) but being at the top of the hill and all could have been throwing off the exhaust note. No way I thought anybody would be able to get out of that wollered out spot if they slid down, even just a picture of what you did to that hill coming out would have been worth it!!!

Frank

and LBL means land between the lakes..... it's around some lakes in sounthern ky :icon_rofl:

Last edited:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals