• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Cherry Bomb Extreme SI/DO

bronco2dude

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.9 v6
Transmission
Manual
I wasn't trying to offend u, just saying from my experience what sounds decent, ill give it to u that v8's sounds a million times bettter, I have a 01 dodge ram flowmaster, sounds amazing.

Daven

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
The louder the better! Lol a flowmaster also doesn't sound to bad on them, its a little quitter than a cherry bomb. Also if u get like a 24in cherry bomb it wouldn't be to loud for all y'all with sensitive ears. But honsestly a short cherry(s) sounds the best, with a gutted cat.
You have any experience with the extreme that this guy used? Its not tha crackly in rl right? I love the loud roar and that does sound good, but i dont nessisarely like the sound of a hollowed out tin can for a muffler lmao

kemo

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I wasn't trying to offend u, just saying from my experience what sounds decent, ill give it to u that v8's sounds a million times bettter, I have a 01 dodge ram flowmaster, sounds amazing.
By all means I know. I was just saying that there isn't a system that I've found that is remotely appealing enough for me to throw it on my truck. :icon_cheers:

jeffw920

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
still convinced that there isn't an exhaust system in the world to make V6 rangers sound good
i disagree, i think a good mandrel bent system...pretty much regardless of what type of muffler, will sound good. It all depends on your definition of good however. It will not ever sound like a v8 imo, however im very pleased with my gibson, and i prefer its sound over many v8 custom exhaust systems

bronco2dude

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.9 v6
Transmission
Manual
I have never used an extreme but I was thinking of getting one, I think they sound decent from the youtube clips. I would asume they are raspier. Im gonna run dual cherry bombs instead tho.

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9v6
Transmission
Automatic
my buddy is running the extreme cherry bomb with a gutted cat on his 05 colorado 5 banger 5 speed . i like the sound .

bronco2dude

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.9 v6
Transmission
Manual
No chevy thinks they are better and puts a straight 5 in they're small pick ups. Lol

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9v6
Transmission
Automatic
yeah they made a 4 banger and a 5 banger and a v8 . the 2.8 is there 4 . 3.5 is there 5 . i think he has a video on youtube.

kemo

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
No chevy thinks they are better and puts a straight 5 in they're small pick ups. Lol
oh you mean chevy thinks they are better and put a straight 5 in their small pickups?

God forbid a company go with something that is still better than the 4.0 (3.7 @ 242 hp and 242 ft/lbs and the weaker 3.5 @ 220 hp and 225 ft/lbs.). :icon_rofl: The truck it was in is complete garbage though (colorado and canyon) :D

i disagree, i think a good mandrel bent system...pretty much regardless of what type of muffler, will sound good. It all depends on your definition of good however. It will not ever sound like a v8 imo, however im very pleased with my gibson, and i prefer its sound over many v8 custom exhaust systems
A mandrel bent system has very LITTLE to do with how the sound is with the end product. i was a tech at an exhaust specialty shop.

Last edited:

02RangerXLT

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Those 5cyl engines in the Colorados are actually pretty decent... we've had two of them for the farm and they've both worked well for hauling stuff around. Pretty decent power, and good get-up and go.

Z3CHYD

U.S. Military - Active
U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Drop
3 front 5 rear
Tire Size
225/60R15
the exhaust system on the Ranger in the video posted is my friend's. Its stock manifolds, y-pipe, cat, and into the cherry bomb extreme and dual 2-1/2 out, mandrel bent. sounds even better now that it's "broken in"

miller time

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2000 1999
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
3.0 duals out the back 4.0
Transmission
Automatic
i had my cherry bomb break. the two out put pipes sheared off the back of the muffer. the one side had a 4 inch hole and the other right behind it.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals