• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Code 111 and Code 332

Ranger SVO

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3 Turbo
Transmission
Manual
The other day (tuesday) the Check Engine Light came on in my truck. Now it only stayed on for a few minutes. It has not come on again.

Today (saturday), I decided to retrive the stored codes. The first code was code 111, which means everything is OK or system Pass

The only other code was code 332 which means that "Insufficient EGR flow detected.

OK, Great, what do I do now? It did not turn on the Check Engine Light because it was bored, there was a problem. What do I need to Check?

Bryan22

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
94 extd
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
94 2.3
Transmission
Manual
well you should probably start with the egr valve if you're worried about it.... but if it runs fine and dosen't come on again, i'd leave it alone.

Ranger44

Ford Technician
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
4.0 OHV
Transmission
Automatic
If I remeber correctly, a light won't appear until the same fault happens twice within a certain peroid/#of driving cycles. It may have been a fault that only happened once.

Maybe check the metal tube that runs for the manifold to the egr valve and see if it is gummed up, dirty, or blocked.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals