• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Concealed Carry Pistol Thread

daniel3507

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
I don't think you are limited on caliber size but I'm not sure. If there is a limit its probably not till you hit the high powered ones thar you wouldn't want to carry anyway. I know people who carry .45

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk 2

86 slo-vo

02/2011 OTOTM Winner
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I'm not sure how it is where you live but a KY CCDW covers all (legally owned) weapons. This means guns knives etc anything you want.

As long as I have a permit I could walk around with an AR in my jacket.....or without a permit you could open carry it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I'm not sure how it is where you live but a KY CCDW covers all (legally owned) weapons. This means guns knives etc anything you want.

As long as I have a permit I could walk around with an AR in my jacket.....or without a permit you could open carry it.
I know a couple guys here in IA that borrowed a pistol and got one so they could have their shotgun loaded and uncased in their truck when they hunt in case they see "the big one"

Last edited:

86 slo-vo

02/2011 OTOTM Winner
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I know a couple guys here in IA that borrowed a pistol and got one so they could have their shotgun loaded and uncased in their truck when they hunt in case they see "the big one"
Yup. The only problem with KY CCDW is how long it takes to get it. You have to take a 6 hour class, wait a month for your certificate to come in then take it to the sheriffs office, write a $25 check and a $60 check. And then the waiting starts again for them to do a background check and send the sheriff's office your permit which could be anywhere from a month to 4 months.

But....37 states share reciprocity with KY which makes it nice. But fawk it sucks waiting.

4.0B2

Supporting Member
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6
Transmission
Automatic
I go to the Dept of Safety that's 50 miles south of me.. turn in nortarized paperwork, pay $132, wait up to 45 days for approval (get my CCP) or denial (letter by mail). done.

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Yup. The only problem with KY CCDW is how long it takes to get it. You have to take a 6 hour class, wait a month for your certificate to come in then take it to the sheriffs office, write a $25 check and a $60 check. And then the waiting starts again for them to do a background check and send the sheriff's office your permit which could be anywhere from a month to 4 months.

But....37 states share reciprocity with KY which makes it nice. But fawk it sucks waiting.
From what I gather it is about the same process here. It is easier/simpler for me to just empty the gun and put in the case when I am driving around.

I have absolutely no use for road hunters. :annoyed:

4.0B2

Supporting Member
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6
Transmission
Automatic
an unloaded gun will not help protect you

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
an unloaded gun will not help protect you
And I am going to protect myself in my truck with a full sized shotgun loaded with deer slugs how?

They are not doing it for protection, they are doing it so they can slam the truck to stop, jump out and shoot whatever they can find without having to uncase and load their weapon... under the cover of concealed carry if the DNR stops them as long as they don't get caught in the act. They are exploiting a loophole.

Getting caught without a permit with a loaded gun in a case is a big fine, getting caught with an empty gun in a open (even partially) case is a big fine.

Last edited:

BroncoIIer

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L OHV
Transmission
Automatic
In Oklahoma you must complete a 6 to 8 hour general information and safety course. Then you must go to your local sheriffs office and give them a check for 100 and another for 25. Then fill out an application for a background check. It usually takes around 90 days to hear back. I'm still waiting on mine.... but I know I'm clean.

Also, a .45 acp is the largest gun you can legally carry in OK.

BroncoIIer

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L OHV
Transmission
Automatic
Also on another note. In OK you can carry anywhere unless expressly restricted by law such as courthouse, prison, schools, and government events, etc. If a business posts a "no guns allowed" sign that is a matter of private policty. Our instructors said to take it as a suggestion and ultimately decide for ourselves or take our business else where. The most you can recieve for getting caught is a trespassing fine. Although revealing your weapon and printing are still felonies.(Until open carry starts in Nov.) Therefore, nobody would know you even had the weapon unless you were forced to use it in the first place.

--weezl--

June 2011 OTOTM Winner
Law Enforcement
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
And I am going to protect myself in my truck with a full sized shotgun loaded with deer slugs how?

They are not doing it for protection, they are doing it so they can slam the truck to stop, jump out and shoot whatever they can find without having to uncase and load their weapon... under the cover of concealed carry if the DNR stops them as long as they don't get caught in the act. They are exploiting a loophole.

Getting caught without a permit with a loaded gun in a case is a big fine, getting caught with an empty gun in a open (even partially) case is a big fine.
i find this funny, so there is actually somewhere in the states, which allows carrying firearms, that has a stricter law, than somewhere in canada...

in canada, any non restricted (long gun) can be transported unlocked, and unloaded, in plain sight, in a vehicle, the only restrictions on transporting is a) must be unloaded (which means that a loaded magazine right next to it, but not attached, is fine) and must be out of sight if the vehicle is unoccupied...

cases and locks are only required for transporting restricted and prohibited guns (my work gun is prohib, restricted/prohib covers every handgun, and most short rifles)

4.0B2

Supporting Member
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6
Transmission
Automatic
Thats about the way MS is

--weezl--

June 2011 OTOTM Winner
Law Enforcement
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
it's actually funny, in canada, no one can carry without an "ATC" (authorization to carry) in order to get one, you also have to have your restricted non restricted pal (possession and acquisition license)

to transport a restricted or prohibited gun, it must be locked, AND in a locked case (and unloaded) and you must have an ATT (authorization to transport) well, i have an ATC, but not an ATT for my work gun, because of legislation, my ATC is only valid while i'm on duty, and only valid for work guns, and because they no longer issue prohib licenses, i can't get a prohib license, we're in a loophole to even allow us to carry them (the prohib law is new-er)

anyways, i can legally carry my work gun around, loaded, on my belt, while in uniform, but cannot possess it when it is unloaded (with the grey area being on the way to the load/unload station) and cannot transport it.

so when i had to go up north to help out after a bunch of our guys got murdered on the job, i was not legally allowed to take my gun, without it being loaded and holstered... unloading it, locking it up in a case with a trigger lock (or other lock) could have landed me in jail, because i can't possess it, and am not allowed to transport it, even though the gun would be in the condition that the law states it must be...

dumb eh?

lil_Blue_Ford

TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.9L
Transmission
Manual
it's actually funny, in canada, no one can carry without an "ATC" (authorization to carry) in order to get one, you also have to have your restricted non restricted pal (possession and acquisition license)

to transport a restricted or prohibited gun, it must be locked, AND in a locked case (and unloaded) and you must have an ATT (authorization to transport) well, i have an ATC, but not an ATT for my work gun, because of legislation, my ATC is only valid while i'm on duty, and only valid for work guns, and because they no longer issue prohib licenses, i can't get a prohib license, we're in a loophole to even allow us to carry them (the prohib law is new-er)

anyways, i can legally carry my work gun around, loaded, on my belt, while in uniform, but cannot possess it when it is unloaded (with the grey area being on the way to the load/unload station) and cannot transport it.

so when i had to go up north to help out after a bunch of our guys got murdered on the job, i was not legally allowed to take my gun, without it being loaded and holstered... unloading it, locking it up in a case with a trigger lock (or other lock) could have landed me in jail, because i can't possess it, and am not allowed to transport it, even though the gun would be in the condition that the law states it must be...

dumb eh?
Sounds like politicians are all alike....

Mac

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Wisconsin finally passed CC last Nov. Some trainning is required but not specified, just need approval from an authorize trainer that you have. Kind of loose but by law they only had 3 weeks to issue permits. They are going to change that. Another way is to provide your DD-214, service discharge papers. I'd hate to be locked in a dark room with 80% of the guys I went to basic with if they were carrying.
Friend down in Tenn gave me this neat little tool to find out which states recconize your states permit.
Dave
http://handgunlaw.us/

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals