• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Couple of electrical questions

Kevin Evans

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.8L
Transmission
Manual
Hey all!

Does anybody have a pinout of the 8 prong white rectangular connector that goes from the driver side firewall to the ECU harness? I can guess at what some of the connections are for, but I'm not really certain (it has like the dashboard oil & temp sensors, ignition power I think, and a few others).

I'm also trying to identify a part that is on the lower part of the engine, near the oil pan on the driver's side. It has a 2 pin connector that (I think) should be connected to the ECU. It's not connected to anything and it's just hanging out there...

Thank you in advance :)

kimcrwbr1

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.8l
Transmission
Automatic
Sounds like the knock senser just in front of the starter correct? There are actually just a couple of wires that go to the computer through the 8 wire connector. Power to the coil and signal from the distributor and computer power. the rest are for oil pressure, water temp, alternator. Have you looked in the library for wiring diagrams?

kimcrwbr1

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.8l
Transmission
Automatic
Sorry been a while since posting here go to your local bone yard and see if you can find a manual for your truck they normally have a pile of manuals for cheap.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals