• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Cycle rack in the dumpster

Fabi1

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger 4x2
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Something I did with my ranger to attach my dirtbike involved a 2x12 board and one of those tire stands like pictured.

View attachment 108130

The stand was screwed into the board. The edges of the board were cut in the shape of a peg to fit into the bed (dumpster :) ) liner securely. Straps held the bike to the tie-down locations in the bed corners. Bicycles are a bit smaller and you may be able to fit several. I will search for a pic of mine.

Great thank you for this clarification, it ties in with my project, looking forward to seeing it

Fabi1

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger 4x2
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Great thank you for this clarification, it ties in with my project, looking forward to seeing it
Do you know this anchor?

What do you think about this?

superj

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ranger edge
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Engine Size
3 liters of tire smoking power
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
none
Total Drop
none
Tire Size
235s
My credo
Grew up in the 70s, 80s, and 90s
before i got that innova rack, i made a rack using plywood, a 4x4, and the fork mounts bolted to the 4x4. i cut the plywood to fit the shape of the bed and just slide it in place and would mount the bikes. i used a ractchet strap across the top tube to keep the bikes in place but they never slide around on the plywood mount because it fit the bed floor shape. i just strapped them in because i was scared they would fly out in an emergency maneuver.

superj

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ranger edge
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
none
Total Drop
none
Tire Size
235s
My credo
Do you know this anchor?

What do you think about this?

those actually can work very well but they are higher up. alot of people use those on trucks around here, though not for bicycle tie down points. you could easily use them though. they also make those anchors that mount in the bed wall stake holes but can be pushed down to hide when not in use. they are pop up anchors

Fabi1

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger 4x2
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
those actually can work very well but they are higher up. alot of people use those on trucks around here, though not for bicycle tie down points. you could easily use them though. they also make those anchors that mount in the bed wall stake holes but can be pushed down to hide when not in use. they are pop up anchors
Yes that's right, I saw this during my research, but I don't know if it will be adaptable in the holes of rangers from 1993, because I have sometimes seen from 1995 on certain pop-up models. But it's very interesting, although once again there is nothing in France, so I'm looking at you, if you have sites or specific references, I'm interested, thanks in advance for the time spent to answer me

superj

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ranger edge
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
none
Total Drop
none
Tire Size
235s
My credo
Single Elevate Pickup Pop-Up Anchor Tie-Down | Discount Ramps

These easy-to-access anchor points make using tie-down straps in your truck bed a snap. The pop-up anchors fit into standard size pickup truck stake pockets and only need a Philips screwdriver for installation. The Bull Ring style anchor is perfect for quickly attaching S-hook and snap-hook tie-downs and folds down and out of the way when not in use. Each stake pocket tie-down features a 1/8" thick rubber seal to help prevent moisture and debris from entering the pocket, and to protect the bed rail surface. Fits standard pickup truck stake pockets using a 2-1/8" square anchor plate that pinches on the stake pocket lip when tightened. Also available in multi-packs.
  • Single pickup truck pop-up anchor
  • Manufactured from durable steel
  • 400 lbs. working load limit
  • 1,200 lbs. break strength
  • Fits into standard size (2-1/8" square) pickup truck stake pockets
  • Installs quickly using only a screwdriver
  • Bull Ring folds down into recessed area when not in use
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

this one gives you the hole size so you can measure your truck bed stake holes and see if they are the same

Fabi1

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger 4x2
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Single Elevate Pickup Pop-Up Anchor Tie-Down | Discount Ramps

These easy-to-access anchor points make using tie-down straps in your truck bed a snap. The pop-up anchors fit into standard size pickup truck stake pockets and only need a Philips screwdriver for installation. The Bull Ring style anchor is perfect for quickly attaching S-hook and snap-hook tie-downs and folds down and out of the way when not in use. Each stake pocket tie-down features a 1/8" thick rubber seal to help prevent moisture and debris from entering the pocket, and to protect the bed rail surface. Fits standard pickup truck stake pockets using a 2-1/8" square anchor plate that pinches on the stake pocket lip when tightened. Also available in multi-packs.
  • Single pickup truck pop-up anchor
  • Manufactured from durable steel
  • 400 lbs. working load limit
  • 1,200 lbs. break strength
  • Fits into standard size (2-1/8" square) pickup truck stake pockets
  • Installs quickly using only a screwdriver
  • Bull Ring folds down into recessed area when not in use
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

this one gives you the hole size so you can measure your truck bed stake holes and see if they are the same
There you go, I made up my mind, I bought the anchors indicated, they seem interesting for this price, thanks again for the link. Now, they will be delivered to my friend in California who sees all my packages piling up and who will send them to me by container once they are all grouped together.
I will have to be patient...
Besides, on this same site, I almost let myself be tempted by another article, a bicycle support for bed...unfortunately too wide for the Ranger...that's exactly the idea of what I wanted to do, and there were no holes to drill or even welding to do, it holds by pressure inside the bed, too bad it was on sale

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals