2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
sawzall?
Tire Size
33-44
My credo
it is easier to fix and understand than "her"
Reminds me of what the old truckers say...

"No matter how big the hill, no matter how heavy the load, gear that bitch down and keep the pistons poundin"
........until holes melted through the pistons.

one thing i have learned studying discoveries collins made based upon surprises in the genome.....we(humans) do not have a diet...and our chemistry is fragile in relations of reason and logic as in the way we are now having the sentient communication as you read and understand this.

real depression due to imbalance is a horrifically difficult situation one can find themselves in....

things that complicate it are vast....

world view is a huge factor.

technology is the razor sharp quadruple edged sword we as a society recklessly cartwheel upon in a drunken stupor at this point in time.

synthetic medication being part of that technology and maybe the sharpest edge...

the known knowledge of the whole world is in your hand in that brain phone....

yet some would compare a outfit to some others as an issue that matters on the facebullshit.

human life in the mean streets of chicago has a seemingly zero value.....with the knowledge of the whole fawking world in the palm of their hands. what is the excuse for that reality.....

can chemicals fix that?

or are the chemicals causing it.?.?.?

i really do feel different about these issues as a middle aged father of 5 and grandfather of 3...

Rock Auto 5% Discount Code: 173A8B749AB83C Expires: January 1, 2020

1986RangerXL

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Reminds me of what the old truckers say...

"No matter how big the hill, no matter how heavy the load, gear that bitch down and keep the pistons poundin"
I was diagnosed with reoccurring severe clinical depression when I was 17 but had been fighting since I was 10. Suicidal thoughts come and go at least every other day and I have tried three times. Your quote resonated w/ me because that's how I've survived, and the biggest thing I would tell someone else who's struggling. Keep going every day- even if you don't know why or how.

adsm08

Senior Master Grease Monkey
Supporting Member
Ford Technician
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31X10.50X15
I wasn't around much when DG stopped posting... did he sell the truck and sign off or did he just stop posting?
To my knowledge he was not going to sell his truck. He was in a bad place mentally, said he was going to unplug, go travel, drive around to places he used to go with his son, and that he probably wouldn't be back. Then he signed off and hasn't responded to any on or off forum communication that I am aware of since.

I don't remember his exact words, but it didn't sound ominous or suicidal to me, more like he was going to try more of a simple existence. I have known a few people who have had losses they had a very hard time dealing with and had to change their whole lives, and cut ties with everything that came before to deal with it. I like to think that is what happened to him.

bobbywalter

TRS Technical Staff
TRS Technical Advisor
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD mostly
Engine Size
BIGGER
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
sawzall?
Tire Size
33-44
My credo
it is easier to fix and understand than "her"
i really looked forward to meeting him. eat some gumbo and drink some PA shine...

Jim Oaks

Administrator
Administrator
Founder / Site Owner
Article Contributor
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1996 / 2019
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
6-inches
Tire Size
33x12.50x15
Just stopped posting.

A few people tried to track him down but no luck.
I found him. Looks to be doing well, but I didn't reach out to him. I was afraid he'd be upset that I tracked him down.

RobbieD

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Toonces drives a Ranger . . . . just not very well.
I found him. Looks to be doing well, but I didn't reach out to him. I was afraid he'd be upset that I tracked him down.
I'm glad to hear that. Thank you, Jim, for posting that, and you did the right thing.