• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

dhkonrad's 93 ford ranger

dhkonrad

2013 Offroad TOTY
Supporting Member
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
2013 Truck of The Year
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual

legoms013

09/2013 OTOTM
Article Contributor
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Size
4.0L V6
Transmission
Automatic
At the moment, I am taking Dynamics, Thermodynamics, ENGR stats (calc based), and computations (c++, excel, and some matlab). A couple of those are Sophmore classes, but with the transfer and everything I am a bit out of order. I am done with all my calc and stuff like that.
Nice vids, makes me wanna find some mud!

Ahh, thermo, hope your teacher is as cool as CSUS's teacher is, that's a fun class!

Dynamics sucks no matter how you slice it lol

computations probably sucks too lol, I know our matlab course is one of the worst ever haha.

Sounds fun, what do you have to take next semester?

I really enjoyed my materials courses, since they were so applicable and had labs. That and machine design for obvious reasons(duh lol). Oh and HVAC systems. The rest has been a bear :icon_thumby:

dhkonrad

2013 Offroad TOTY
Supporting Member
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
2013 Truck of The Year
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
Nice vids, makes me wanna find some mud!

Ahh, thermo, hope your teacher is as cool as CSUS's teacher is, that's a fun class!

Dynamics sucks no matter how you slice it lol

computations probably sucks too lol, I know our matlab course is one of the worst ever haha.

Sounds fun, what do you have to take next semester?

I really enjoyed my materials courses, since they were so applicable and had labs. That and machine design for obvious reasons(duh lol). Oh and HVAC systems. The rest has been a bear :icon_thumby:

haha thanks! I just wish that there had been someone else there to pull me out so I could have gotten a little crazy.

The thermo instructor is a fun lecturer, but I haven't been able to nail his tests... Dynamics on the other hand, I LOVE. Its like physics on steroids haha.

Next semester is Fluid Mechanics+lab, Mechanics of materials, and either circuits or machine dynamics. Or Both. But I may not be able to swing both and gen ed, along with good grades and clubs...

legoms013

09/2013 OTOTM
Article Contributor
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Size
4.0L V6
Transmission
Automatic
haha thanks! I just wish that there had been someone else there to pull me out so I could have gotten a little crazy.

The thermo instructor is a fun lecturer, but I haven't been able to nail his tests... Dynamics on the other hand, I LOVE. Its like physics on steroids haha.

Next semester is Fluid Mechanics+lab, Mechanics of materials, and either circuits or machine dynamics. Or Both. But I may not be able to swing both and gen ed, along with good grades and clubs...
That semester will be....fun! haha hang in there.

Do you plan on taking the EIT? I just took it and there was a ton of fluids, materials, dynamics, and HVAC/thermo on it, just a heads up. God, that was a rough 8 hrs haha

dhkonrad

2013 Offroad TOTY
Supporting Member
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
2013 Truck of The Year
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
That semester will be....fun! haha hang in there.

Do you plan on taking the EIT? I just took it and there was a ton of fluids, materials, dynamics, and HVAC/thermo on it, just a heads up. God, that was a rough 8 hrs haha
Well, yesterday I've been signing up for classes, and I think I decided to leave machine design off that list. I would have to cram classes in hard to be able to save myself a semester, and I have been debating if that was worth it for some time now, and I don't think it is.

I plan on taking the FE/EIT in a year since I have the time and I want to finish those classes, because I have heard the same things from my friends here that just took it.

RangerNielsen

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.SLOW V6
Transmission
Manual
Do you still have your D35? i need spindles and while reading through your thread, was wonder if i could buy your old spindles.

dhkonrad

2013 Offroad TOTY
Supporting Member
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
2013 Truck of The Year
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
Do you still have your D35? i need spindles and while reading through your thread, was wonder if i could buy your old spindles.
The d35 specifically from that truck is now under a different truck, but I think I have an extra set of TTB lying around. I can check if you want.

some miscellaneous stuff:
Another video. I hit it a little harder this time towards the end.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nAYrfP5vhkA
Don't mind the grinding gears in there...
I think my slave is acting up again, because its not disengaging the clutch all the way. Sometimes even have to pump it at lights to get it into first. If its bad again, I am going to be pretty excited (sarcastic) since I just replaced it not 3 months ago when I did my SAS...

Also, I am loosing water out of my overflow somehow. :annoyed: Everytime I check my radiator, it is normally full, but my overflow goes completely empty after some time. Its not leaking, at least not quick enough to drip onto the ground under the truck. This has me really worried. I don't have water in my oil, but that doesn't necessarily mean its not a head gasket right? :dunno: I also am not having any overheating problems. To the contrary. My truck doesn't get hot enough even with bumper and winch all up-ons my grill and blocking air flow. I replaced my thermostat about a year ago because I was having the same issue, and it fixed it then. Maybe I have another stuck T-stat? :icon_confused: (It is cold here, so it is possible it is just not gonna warm up)

Also, I don't know why anyone complains about body roll on the streets with no swaybars, it doesn't bother me. What does scare me a bit is transitioning between power slides at anything over 35-40. The truck bucks so hard from one side to the other I feel like its gonna flip...

Last edited:

RangerNielsen

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.SLOW V6
Transmission
Manual
The d35 specifically from that truck is now under a different truck, but I think I have an extra set of TTB lying around. I can check if you want.
If it isnt too big of a hassle when you get back to cali, thatd be great. I havent been able to find ANY spindles near me... and i miss my truck. its nothing special though.

dhkonrad

2013 Offroad TOTY
Supporting Member
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
2013 Truck of The Year
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
If it isnt too big of a hassle when you get back to cali, thatd be great. I havent been able to find ANY spindles near me... and i miss my truck. its nothing special though.
kk will do.

UrbanRedneckKid

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
Has your 4.0 ever had intake gaskets put on it? Sounds like you have a bad one. Check the #3 spark plug and the back of the block on the PS, for evidence of a slight leak.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

dhkonrad

2013 Offroad TOTY
Supporting Member
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
2013 Truck of The Year
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
Has your 4.0 ever had intake gaskets put on it? Sounds like you have a bad one. Check the #3 spark plug and the back of the block on the PS, for evidence of a slight leak.

I had the front of my intake gasket go out over spring break last year, and I replaced them then. I took my time and cleaned it all up nice, and even got real polymer gaskets, not cork ones. Do you think I could have screwed something up?
It also seems odd because it seems like my radiator never empties, just the overflow... It could just be that I'm not letting it go long enough though

UrbanRedneckKid

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
Felpro or Ford gaskets? This is the one case where I turn down Felpros.

Could just be a bad cap, or overflow tube that needs a clamp. I did see once a 1G Explorer that the overflow cracked into the washer reservoir.

Wash your engine, the pressure test the system the following day. Sounds to be one of those deals where an internet diagnosis will run you in circles.

dhkonrad

2013 Offroad TOTY
Supporting Member
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
2013 Truck of The Year
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
They were from napa/reibes. Felpro rings a bell, but I could be wrong.
Ill look into the cap and the overflow tube, stuff like that.
Unless I am missing something, if it was an intake gasket, it would be either leaking into the oil, exterior of the engine, or into the intake right? I'm assuming if it was going into the cylinder it would run like poop and possibly bring on a check engine light? and lack of water into the oil means it has to be going to the exterior of the engine, right?

UrbanRedneckKid

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
Typically they don't leak into the crankcase, although it is possible. You'd see it run down the DS front, or PS rear of the block. Or, into #3 PS rear cylinder, or #4 DS front cylinder. Typically is a PS rear/ #3 issue, and it would run fine, with no CEL due to how slight the leak usually is... Typically.

dhkonrad

2013 Offroad TOTY
Supporting Member
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
2013 Truck of The Year
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
Typically they don't leak into the crankcase, although it is possible. You'd see it run down the DS front, or PS rear of the block. Or, into #3 PS rear cylinder, or #4 DS front cylinder. Typically is a PS rear/ #3 issue, and it would run fine, with no CEL due to how slight the leak usually is... Typically.

Okay, good to know. Thanks for the info. I honestly hadn't even given the intake gasket much though up till now.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals