• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

door ajar ding/chime HELP!!!

lambo_king1

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
i have a 2000 mazda b4000 4 door 4x4 and when i turn to the right the door ajar light comes on and the stupid chime goes off.(it only beeps once) but when i turn back left the the light goes off. (the light on the cluster not the dome light, the dome light never comes on when driving) but before i turn back left and after the chime beeps and the light stays on in the cluster i open the passenger door and the chime doesnt go off again but if i open the driver door it does. so this tells me its the passenger door.

i have replaced the door jamb sensor, tried the wd40, and i can not figure it out. and its driving me crazy.

i think maybe the wires to the sensor are grounding out somewhere telling the truck the door is open when its really not.

i have tried just unplugging the sensor and it still does it. i have tried just wiring the two wires together and then wiring them to a ground so the truck thinks the door is closed 100% of the time and it still does it. i have found the fuse that goes to the dome light and the door ajar light on the cluster but it also goes to the 4x4 light on the dash and im not sure what else or i would just take the fuse out and say screw it.

i dont really want to trace the wires all the way through the truck and look for a short in the line. and i dont know if there are any GEM (general electric module) or any relays in the line plus i dont understand how they work.

if anyone has any idea how to make this chime stop going off i would greatly appreicate it. i dont care if i have to jerry rig it i just want it to stop chiming. if anyone knows where the stupid chime is located ill just rip it out or cut the wires.

Thank you,
Tyler

lambo_king1

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
i found the dinging mechanisim is anyone has the same problem. its inside the 4x4 module behind the stereo on the drivers side, you just unplug the 4 wire connections and take the plactic module apart and the speaker is a quarter sized round piece in the corner. take it our however youd like, i just did it with a screw driver

Earl43P

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford F250 4WD
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
That's the GEM, not the 4x4CM.

You likely have a problem with the REAR door switch(es), not the front.

I'd disconnect both rear switches and leave the fronts operational. Disconnecting the switches interrupts the path to ground so the light can't come on from those disconnected switches.

Ranger Sport Honduras

Zoom Zoom
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mitsubishi/Ford
Engine Size
3.0/2.3
My credo
Fortune Favors the Brave
That's the GEM, not the 4x4CM.

You likely have a problem with the REAR door switch(es), not the front.

I'd disconnect both rear switches and leave the fronts operational. Disconnecting the switches interrupts the path to ground so the light can't come on from those disconnected switches.
this is correct. my brother's 4 door ranger had the same issue. the solution was to shut em to close so hard the whole truck shaked.

denmarkcobb

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
mazda
Transmission
Automatic
simplicity

I believe in keeping things simple. I also don't ususally advocate cutting wires, BUT...
I have a Mazda B4000 and had the problem of the alarm and lights going off constantly on bumpy roads of on left turns. After pushing and pulling on all of the doors I found it was the passenger rear door having the problem. I checked the latches and found they were OK. Then I went through all of the "fixes" including WD40. The key is the switch activates when it is closed completing the circuit. I pulled back the wiring cover between the body and the door and removed the tape cover (and the Ford tag) to find four wires: Black-ground: grey and red-speaker: brown and red-speaker. The last wire had to be for the sensor switch. I cut that and then taped it to the remaining wires to prevent it accidentally moving later. It is now impossible for the circuit to close and activate the alarms and lights! (I did an AH DUH) After replacing the rubber cover I tested all of the doors and drove the truck on the bumpiest road I could find.....no problem, no lights, no ping ping. easy. Keep It Simple Stupid strikes again.

strvger

Reaction score
the land of 2 seasons-Winter and getting ready for
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
i have the same problem with my 1997 ranger xlt 2wd. i'll slide the rubber boot back and check for those wires as well. i prefer not to dig around inside the dash and cutting one wire seems much better to me. i hope the wiring and color code is the same for the ranger as the mazda. what was the color of the last wire?
thanks.

XLTsplash

Ford Technician
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
I was able to fix the door ajar lights coming on over bumpy roads on 4 door Rangers by adjusting the door strikers in. This will hold the doors tighter against the weatherstripping and fix the problem while still keeping the door ajar warning working as it should.

Hogieroller

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Transmission
Manual
Just disconnect the connection at the ignition. Problem solved permanently .

Sent from my B1-850 using Tapatalk

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals