• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Drivers Side T-bar bolt

jwp9844

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Manual
I cranked my T-Bars yesterday. I got 1" before the drivers side bolt bottomed out. It leveled the truck. I would like to get another 1 ". When changing to a longer bolt, do I need to support the "key" or can I just take it out? One other thing, I'll need to add 1" to the rear. Should I use a Block, Add-a-leaf, or shackle. I think shackle. But have read so many opinions, I need to here It again.

Does any one know what size the bolt is to replace the stock one with?

AKBroncoII

Reaction score
I tried putting longer bolts in my 99 but I was too close to bottom them out up against the crossmember. I didn't have enough room for longer bolts.

jwp9844

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Manual
Yea.. You Know.. I think , after reading some MORE , I'm going to leave it alone. If I can get 265/75/16's on it,(my stock wheels) with no major problems, I'm happy. I can trim some if needed, but don't want to get carried away. I don't do that much serious four wheeling, but still need to get to the back woods lakes. Thanks much.

Chris.S.

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I had to replace my d side bolt as well to get the 2" TT that I've got. I can't remember the exact specs on it, but I'll dig up my receipt in a few minutes here for ya.

Chris.S.

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Here's the bolt specs for the bolt you need:

10.9 M12 1.75 pitch 100mm (80mm would've been better)

jwp9844

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Manual
Hey thats great! Thanks much for that. I still think I'd like a little more the more I look at it. So that is the info I needed. Another question, which 2" shackles did you use? I've heard of so many different ones was wondering what you are using. Oh and did you support the T-Bar key when changing the bolt? Thanks again for that info.

Last edited:

Chris.S.

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Hey thats great! Thanks much for that. I still think I'd like a little more the more I look at it. So that is the info I needed. Another question, which 2" shackles did you use? I've heard of so many different ones was wondering what you are using. Oh and did you support the T-Bar key when changing the bolt? Thanks again for that info.
I can't remember the brand of the shackles I used, I have the box at home so I can check that for you later. I just ordered them off ebay and if I were you I wouldn't worry too much about what brand they are as long they are of good quality. You're replacing the stock ones so just about anything will be stronger than those.

I forgot to mention, you need to grind the tip of bolt to match the one you remove too, here's a pic:

You can see the two bolts I bought (only had to use one) alongside the orig and the nut that I used to restore the threads after grinding.

And no, I didn't support the keys at all. Just remove the orig bolt and crank the new one in....

The TT really is stupidly simple. Lift truck, change bolt, tighten bolts, lower truck, drive around to settle suspension, check both sides height, do it again till it's level and at the height you want...

And be aware, both sides will require a different amount of cranking...

Viva*the*Ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
10.9 M12 1.75 pitch 100mm?

How much lift did you get after all was said and done? I'm looking to do the same thing. I'd like to fit 33's under my rig. Do you think that is possible?

Viva*the*Ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I'm a dumb ass!

I didn't read the text at the bottom of your response. I'm a new-b

jwp9844

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Manual
Yea your'e right. T-Bars are easy. I Know this from all the Mopars I've owned. Cranked them down most of the time. But I don't want any suprizes. Things have changed a bit. Anyway, I figured I would have to do something with the end of the bolt. It would have to set in a seat of somesort. You said an 80mm would have been better. Was that because the bolt hung down abit far.( Like a Plow) I can see that in your'e Pic's. Your'e Right. I can't Thank you enough for the info. Sure helped me.

Chris.S.

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic

jwp9844

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Manual
Good Deal. Thanks!

Viva*the*Ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Longer bolts

Hey Chris, where did you get that 10.9 M12 1.75 pitch 100mm from. I have checked every bolt shop and ford dealership in northern Washington. None of them have threads down to the head.

Chris.S.

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Hey Chris, where did you get that 10.9 M12 1.75 pitch 100mm from. I have checked every bolt shop and ford dealership in northern Washington. None of them have threads down to the head.
I had to special order it from "Fastenal" a bolt supply place we have here, not sure if they exist outside Canada but any place that specializes in bolts/fasteners should be able to order it for you..

Viva*the*Ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Nice, I just found a fastenal rite here in Seattle. Thanks Chris

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals