• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Ebay Help???

bkjt05

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
Hey everybody. i got a quesiton and i need everybodies opinion. Ok about 3 years ago i baught a 95 ford explorer and it had a sony 10 disk cd changer in it. Well after deciding to put a new head-unit subs, etc in i took out the changer and stored in the garage ever since. Well last week i was cleaning the garage and found it and decided to sell it on ebay. I only asked $50 shipped for it and i was pretty sure everything that was needed to hook it up was included with it. I have %100 positive feedback and over 100 transactions that all went smoothly. Anyways i sold the changer and transaction went smoothly. Tonight i get online to check my email and i got a email from the buyer saying its missing a wiring harness. I told him i would search for it, but im sure everything was in the box. Anyways he emailed me back telling me the part # etc and said it cost $32 for the harness he needs. he didnt say anything about me paying for it, but thats how it seemed. I emailed him back saying i will look, but those were all the cords i had and that im not paying $32 for a cord when he only paid $50 shipped for everything. anyways i told him i would work things out to avoid the drama and neg feedback, but idk what to do. I know for sure i dont have any harness for it.

What should i do and how do i aviod this problem. I dont have the $ to buy the cord for him and i dont think i should since he only paid $50 for everything. I have pics of everything included. I didnt know there was any other cords for it.

What do I do???

Jspafford

Logan Andrew Feb 17, 2012
V8 Engine Swap
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Chevy 3500HD
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
6.6L
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
5"
Tire Size
35"
Well it is your word against his. You have no proof it was in the box when you sent it, and he has no proof he didn't damage it and then cry foul. I would just tell him for the price he got what he got.

If he leaves negative feedback I am pretty sure you have the option to add a comment, and you will be able to explain what happened.

exbass94

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2006, 1994
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC, 4.0 OHV
Transmission
Automatic
Was the changer originally hooked up with an FM modulator? Did you by any chance simply unplug a wire from the modulator and leave it installed in the truck? If so, trace the antenna wire from the head-unit all the way to the antenna and you should stumble upon it eventually.

bkjt05

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
i would understand if he paid $100+ for it, but he paid $50, for free shipping and i send it the day after payment was made, just like i said. I just found it while cleaning and said hey i could make a lil cash off this. i thought everything was there.

bkjt05

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
Was the changer originally hooked up with an FM modulator? Did you by any chance simply unplug a wire from the modulator and leave it installed in the truck? If so, trace the antenna wire from the head-unit all the way to the antenna and you should stumble upon it eventually.
i think your right. i dont remeber taking any harness out. i think it might of been hooked up like you said and left in the expo, but i dont have the expo so i can never know.

AllanD

TRS Technical Staff
TRS Technical Advisor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1987... sorta
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
'93 4.0
Transmission
Manual
The FM modulator is CLEARLY in the picture.

I think what he's looking for is the power harness that takes the form of a jumper between the dash harness and the radio that branches off and feeds power to the modulator.

That is a third generation sony changer and they get their power feed through the "unilink" cable from the modulator.

the cable he's looking for is possibly still in the explorer.

AD

bkjt05

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
The FM modulator is CLEARLY in the picture.

I think what he's looking for is the power harness that takes the form of a jumper between the dash harness and the radio that branches off and feeds power to the modulator.

That is a third generation sony changer and they get their power feed through the "unilink" cable from the modulator.

the cable he's looking for is possibly still in the explorer.

AD

im pretty sure its in the expo still and the expo was sold 2 years ago so its gone forever. i guess i might just have to buy the damn cord for him. i think its dumb. he paid $50 for everything shipped to his door. i shipped the next day, packed it very good like he asked and everything went smoothly.

pacodiablo

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0 4.0
Transmission
Automatic
I would offer the guy a refund. Have him send back everything you sent, pay for the shipping, then resell. You might lose less money on the deal that way. Other than that, you are probably stuck with either negative feedback or buying the cable since the auction says that everything is included. Just try to reason with the guy as best you can, get him to understand that it was an honest mistake, and try to make a compromise.

snake

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
That would be my advice too- offer a buyback and no harm done. This is why I have purchased several things on ebay but have never sold anything on there...

Ranger44

Ford Technician
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
4.0 OHV
Transmission
Automatic
Explain that you no longer have the exploder and it got left in there. If it was an honest mistake...then you were not wrong by saying everything was there, because to your knowledge it was... If he diasgrees I'd say try to offer a refund, or just take the neg. and explain. $35 sounds like too much when he paid only paid $50 shipped. I'm sure he could find a cord for a few bucks on ebay.:dntknw:

bkjt05

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
thanks everybody. i emailed him last night and i told him it was a honest mistake. i told him we will work it out, but im not paying $32 for a cord when he only paid $50 shipped for everything. Im either going to take the neg feedback or go $50/50 on the cord.

thanks

michowski

Reaction score
by all rights its up to you to give him a cord at no cost to him. The auction stated "sony 10 disk cd changer with everything needed to hook up." Honestly its your own fault since you didnt check through and make sure it was all there. Right now it just sounds like your trying to scam him even tho we know its an honest mistake. If he will go 50/50 on the cord cost then I would go that route. If not ask him if he wants a refund and buy a new cord and then resell it again.

99stepside

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L V6 E85
Transmission
Automatic
is this 10 disc changer going into another exploder??? if not there are different wire harnessess for different vehicles. it could be that it fit your exploder and not his without the harness. hopefully that may be the case. Then you owe him nothing.

xavierarmadillo

Don't worry about it, he should just go get one himself, he saved enough in the deal already.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

No members online now.

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals