• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

EDIT: FORSCAN IS WORKING New Key for my '03 Mazda B3000, ForScan no longer accessible? Is a bypass an option?

bhgl

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda B3000
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Definitely not dead. Just downloaded latest version from the website last night.

It does look like they might have updated the site a little though, that would be the first time in a while. I don't recall the like for the subscription (enhanced version) working the list time I was there. IIRC everyone was using the free trials repeatedly and there was a donation link. Could be wrong about that though, until now I never had much interest in, or need for, the paid version.

FWIW I have and use the recommended OBDLink EX.

I don't know about that. I think the joke is purely English language, but I suspect the program may have originated in Russia. That is my best guess as to why that simple of a page has an option to switch language to Russian.

I think it was a simply a catchy combination of Ford and Scan, but the immature part of our minds make the association.

True, but having the second key as a cloned key looses certain capabilities that are available to the owner without special tooling. Namely the ability to program another extra key without paying a locksmith to do it.

If I only had one key, I'd much rather the locksmith program me a new key (vs a clone) so I can program a third myself. Can't do that if you only have clones.
I went with the Vgate Vlink USB and it worked really well and is quite fast, it was also significantly cheaper on Amazon, so I'd recommend folks consider it as well.

I was able to simply add the key as another recognized key in the PATS system without having to erase, or do any cloning. I don't know if it will let me do more keys in the future without erasing others, but frankly two is just fine!

fastpakr

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
285/75-16
I went with the Vgate Vlink USB and it worked really well and is quite fast, it was also significantly cheaper on Amazon, so I'd recommend folks consider it as well.

I was able to simply add the key as another recognized key in the PATS system without having to erase, or do any cloning. I don't know if it will let me do more keys in the future without erasing others, but frankly two is just fine!
That's odd. Typically to add a key you have to present two existing keys or clear out the existing keys to store two new ones

JoshT

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD

Wasn't saying that you had to have the same one I had, just that I have it and it works. Always good to hear about more options that are proven to work. My adapter was actually purchased to live in my F-250 most of the time to display additional gauges on an Android headunit. That hasn;t happened yet, but when/if it does I'd probably be on the hunt for another adapter to use for stuff like this.

Yes, using Forscan you can probably simplay add another key as you said. I was referring to the procedure for adding a key without using forscan or other tool. It's X number of key cycles in Y time period that enable a mode where if you have two existing keys you can add a third key that is not a clone.

Using PATS you can check to see how many keys are currently stored. I think you can have up to 5 keys stored. Right now mine has three keys stored, so as some point I might wipe and reset so it only stores the two keys I have. I've had the truck since 2005 so I'm not worried about someone showing up with the third key and it might be a long while before I find a round-tu-it.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals