• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Extended radius arm choices?

351crownvic

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
In my never ending quest to spend money on my truck, I am looking into a set of extended radius arms, and dual front shock kit. I do mild to moderate wheeling. No rock crawling or realy hard core trails. Altho the front end does get some air from time to time at Yankee Lake.
I did searches and came up with a few answers but nothing quite solid. I have a couple questions. Cash is kinda tight so im trying to keep the radius arms under $600 and try to get the best value and strength fo that price.

1. I saw a few pic's of broken radius arms, any one else have any problems with their Duff arm kit, since on their site it says Redesigned Rod Ended Extended Radius Arms? Or is that the ones that i have seen pic's of being broken?

2. dual shock mount/coil bucket replacment kit from james duff. Any one have this on their truck and any problems with it?

3. I also saw the Tuff country arms for 4" lifts. Any one have any any experience whith them and would they work ok with 6" of lift?

4. If U have the tough country arms and have dual shocks how did u do install the additional shock?

metalmacguyver

Yeah, I built that.
OTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1997, 1994
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0, 7.3
Transmission
Manual
As far as strength is concerned, Skyjacker is considered to be the best, followed closely by Duff.

I am pretty sure that there are broken pictures of every type of radius arm made. Its just a matter of which ones have broken the least.

If your looking at used arms dont forget that you will need the crossmember too.

You will probably need to get creative to add the dual shocks to tough country arms but I dont know for sure as I have never seen either a dual shock setup or TC arms in person and close up.

Capt Jay

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'93 body.
Make / Model
Ford(ish)
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Don't do Duff. Haven't had a whole lot of luck with their equiptment and their customer service is way, way, way, below par.

Skyjacker has always treated me well and I've so far had no failures. Hope that helps you spend your money.

bronco2guy

Banned - Selling busted parts
--- Banned ---
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I disagree , we have had great Luck with Duff products, and feel there arms are better in design, as well as the rest of the kit, we have cracked a duff arm but the truck was getting used like a tuff truck, with repeated jumps, 2-5ft high all the time, which landed so smooth with the Duff kit, but wouldnt have done it with the Skyjacker kit we had, also, when we broke Duff arm, for minimal cost they made it right so we didnt even have to weld up the arm.

Sasquatch_Ryda

Ford Technician
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Forum Staff - Retired
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
Tire Size
40s
Seen way more broken duff arms than skyjacker arms. My vote if for the skyjacker arms.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals