• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

F-150 beam conversion on Ranger

adam17

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0 v-6
Transmission
Automatic
I have a 1993 2wd ranger with camburg bent beams, 5.5 eibach lift coils and stock bent and turned radius arms. I have 7 inch lift coils i want to put on but want to put wider beams on. Can I put the F-150 beams and radius arms on my ranger witht he 7 inch lift coils? will the beams bolt up to the stock moounting location?

CopyKat

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
beams will bolt up. Rad arms will need to be reworked. Coil location will also need to be changed.

There is 3" difference in teh beams between the coil mount and the pivot point.

And steering adjusters will need to be lengthened.

adam17

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0 v-6
Transmission
Automatic
so the beams 3" longer after the shock mount right? and the lift coil is for a ranger so it will fit into the coil bucket just fine, but will it fit onto the mounting location on the beam?

RaceRanger97

April 2009 OTOTM Winner
OTOTM Winner
2009 Truck of The Year
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
asumming the f150 beams are not bent you will have alot of posative camber shenenagans

RaceRanger97

April 2009 OTOTM Winner
OTOTM Winner
2009 Truck of The Year
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
If you run A coil over you would eliminate the coil binding problem...oooorrrr I can sell you my beams for $450? Ill cleean them up and add plating for ya, they can obviously take a beating

adam17

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0 v-6
Transmission
Automatic
oh i see. oh well i need to do it the right way anyways and just build a set of bent and extended beams. im gonna build some pre 88 beams. any certain year the best or are they all the same?

adam17

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0 v-6
Transmission
Automatic
does anyone know of a good thread or link for plans on fabbing my own bent and extended beams?

adam17

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0 v-6
Transmission
Automatic
one more question. i tried puting the 7 inch lift coils on with the bent beams and turned the camber adjuster as far as i can to get rid of any negative camber. after i was done and i set it down the alignment looked fine but as soon as i started going forward and turned the wheel the tires got a shit load of negative camber. why is this when it sat fine but as soon as i drive and turn the wheel it got bad negative camber??? would the eccentric camber adjusters fix this? or do i need to do drop down brackets and extended radius arms?

RedEyeRider

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Yeah it sounds like you're toed out too much, you should toe it about 1/8 inch. I personally wouldn't run those 7 inch coils. First, too tall especially if your beams aren't extended. Second, your beams are bent for 5.5 coils so throwing some 7 inch coils is going to bring up a lot of issues I'd think.

adam17

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0 v-6
Transmission
Automatic
im thinking about doing drop brackets and 2 inch wheel spacers until i get some beams built. does that seem like it would work??

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals