• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Finally Found One!

94power_ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
i had a 94 4x4 4.0 ranger and traded for a tracker lol and then sold it for an 89 s10 and rolled it.......long story.
but i finally found another 94 4x4 ranger but its got the 2.3 4cyl in it and i was wonderin if you guys knew how well the motor does with the 4x4?:headbang:

scotts90ranger

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1990, 1997
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
2.3 Turbo
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Tire Size
35"
I've ran a 2.3 4x4 for the last 6 years, they do ok, not a power house but get the job done. When I first converted to 4x4 I was running 31" tires (looks like about what you are running) and was a decent match for the engine but 5th gear was useless below 55 on flat roads. Going 4 wheeling was hard on the clutch but the truck did very well for what it was back then... Now with the turbo engine, lift and explorer drivetrain it's a whole different animal, more power than a 4.0 with the capability to add another 100hp by putting in premium fuel and unplugging the boost controller and powering up the high octane switch...

The trick with the stock engine is to keep the RPM up, the 2.3's don't care, they'll live a long life running at 6000rpm... horsepower peak is 4600rpm so if you are doing something that needs power, try to keep the engine at or above this point and you will do everything the engine can...

94power_ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
heck yeah! your ride looks pretty good with the lift. i won't be wheelin to much, were i come from its dirt roads and bad winters.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals