• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Finally got a ranger after 2 RBVs

redneckfordf2502002

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1984 1994
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.8L V6 4.0L V6
Transmission
Manual
Ok so I have had our 84 Bronco 2 4x4 2.8L TK5 for a while but about a week and a half ago I picked up two trucks.
A 94 Explorer 4x4 4.0L V6 which had a supposedly locked up engine but wasn't
and
A 92 Ranger 4x4 4.0L V6. I swapped the ranger engine into the explorer and afterwards found out starter was seized. The 92 ranger had no tittle. I couldn't let this chassis go to waste knowing the engine was probably good and I knew for sure everything else minus the auto hubs were good.
I got both for $1000.
The explorer is now up and driving great.

So today I was talking to the guy I bought the 2 trucks above and he said he would sell a 96 ranger (he has quite a few rangers) to us for $250 with tittle.
So problems with this ranger:
missing engine
IT IS 2WD!
interior is stripped minus the steering column, dash, and carpet.
A few dents along the truck worst one is in the bed but I am going to deal with it.
Grille, bumper, left turn light are all broken and a small dent in the hood.
Tailgate is off a Mazda B series
missing one tail light the other is slightly broken
rear window is missing
front windshield is totaled
left window is missing
door locks won't lock.

Most of this I didn't care about minus the drivers door window gone and a few small things.

So plan is this:
going to see if I can keep the 96 dash but install the 92 steering column and rest of the interior in minus the door panels which are in good shape.
If not will swap the 92 dash in too. I don't really care.
Fix all the lights and what needs to on the front clip minus the hood unless I can find a cheap one.
Get the drivers door window
drop the body onto the 92 ranger chassis which will make it a 4.0L v6 4x4 truck.
Most of everything I have from the parts truck that came with the explorer.
Will be making a build thread that my brother (whom is also a member) or me will update. It won't be fast but that's ok.

Is their anything I should know right now other then that I am crazy as I know this.
Trav

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals