• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Flex Fuel Situation

chiloh30

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0 FFV
Transmission
Automatic
I have just recieved a remanufactured engine for my 99 ranger 4x4, it was supposed to be for code V but I have my doughts about it I have read the article here about the casting numbers for flex fuel and these do not match ie, F6DE GA on the passenger side of the engine and E6AE HC on the driver side of the engine, help, are these heads "gas only"?

or with the right intake seals can they be used for the flex fuel, I was reading the posts on Ford Truck Forum and it seeams the only difference is the seals and a few cc's in the combustion chambers.

Thanks
Earl:icon_confused:

Last edited:

evanesce69

GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
seems you have heads from and 86 and a 96..... i would think it to highly unlikely for an engine rebuilder to mix chamber cc's or valve train geometry. i.e. 7mm valves on one side, 8mm on the other.

IMHO: i would think this is a "gas only" since the heads are 86ish

quote from Engine Builder Mag

1986-7/26/99 (except Methanol applications)
The E6AE-AC/HC and F6DE-GA were built with 8.0mm valves through 7/26/99. These castings both had a 49cc, oval chamber.

you have 49cc heads and 8mm valves, not intended for use with E85

:icon_confused: :icon_confused: :icon_confused:

Rob

Last edited:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals