• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

front coils

Denisefwd93

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
stock, may get leveling springs in front "somday"
Tire Size
I haven't found it but I'm looking for what the stock height would be with the original front springs on my 94 four wheel drive 4.0. I'm aware of the washers to give a slight lift in the front but it seems to me it's the same amount of work as replacing the front springs although the cost way more.

I'll go back and re-read the help pages again but i didn't quite find the answer to my question about ride height in the front,

Uncle Gump

Token Old Guy
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2006/1986
Make / Model
Ranger/BroncoII
Engine Size
4.0L SOHC/2.9L
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
Lead follow or get out of my way
I have a brand new pair of MOOG coils I bought for my 94 4.0L 4WD. Also a set of energy suspension spring isolaters. The old Camper Special just doesn't fit my future plans and I won't be needing them. When I get home I will put up part numbers... and if they are indeed what you need... we can figure out a good deal for you.... if you're interested.

Uncle Gump

Token Old Guy
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2006/1986
Make / Model
Ranger/BroncoII
Engine Size
4.0L SOHC/2.9L
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
Moog CC870... Let me know if interested.

If not they will end up in the garage sale and/or posted up here.

Denisefwd93

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Tire Size
UncaG! I kind of decided on polyurethane blocks after reading that they've lasted over 200,000 miles on the four-wheeler forum. what do you want for these springs with the isolators? I've never seen prices vary so much as they do on springs! RockAuto is around 50 60 bucks for them. Then there shipping cost to 19007, just about every time I go to buy something online I go back to Amazon and free shipping come out ahead of every time I love RockAuto but shipping cost usually cancels out any discounts & lower prices but not always

Uncle Gump

Token Old Guy
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2006/1986
Make / Model
Ranger/BroncoII
Engine Size
4.0L SOHC/2.9L
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
If you have the original springs under your 94... blocks are kinda like a band-aid. In my opinion... you could benefit more putting a new set of coils on it.
When I bought the coils... I also bought 4 Rough Country shocks for a 1 to 2 inch lift and a Rough Country steering stabilizer. I installed the rear shocks and the steering stabilizer but the front shocks are new. When I went to install the front coils... I took a closer look at the overall health of my 94. I decided to just upgrade the truck. I planned on removing the rear shocks and stabilizer this weekend because the truck has to go soon. If you think you could use all of it... we can discuss that possibility too.

If interested in any or all of it... send me a message and we can get you what you want out of the lot on the cheap.

Denisefwd93

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Tire Size
Bummer! Put new shocks on a truck last summer!

I'm going to get under the front and find out where the optimum "height"is compared to where it is now, Moog CC870 seem to be stock height coils, I'm going to look again, but it appears that someone did something to the front spring height, and as I mentioned in another thread the rear shackles were upside-down
Thank you UncaG! .. much to consider!

Uncle Gump

Token Old Guy
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2006/1986
Make / Model
Ranger/BroncoII
Engine Size
4.0L SOHC/2.9L
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
All good... the coils aren't going anywhere soon. You have some time to figure out what you want to do.

They are stock height coils... I was going to add a block

Denisefwd93

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Tire Size
I may not even need front coils at this point my truck is totally different since I had the back shackles flipped down to where they're supposed to be, it feels like a totally different truck! The back is high like all the rangers when they're empty in the back, the front seems to only be about an inch or two lower, truck certainly looks better and actually looks like the four-wheel drive it is!

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals