• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Gas coming out exhaust

H munster

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1984 Bronco II
Engine Size
2.8/ 4.0/ 4.0
Transmission
Manual
Hey guys, need some help here. Wifes car 2000 mazda 626. Complete piece since we have had it. On 4th tranny. Anyhoo engine has always ran great and always stealership serviced. Today its barely running and liquid gas is coming out the exhaust. No more warranty so its on me. Im thinking possibly the pressure regulator??? Any ideas?:icon_confused:

Earl43P

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford F250 4WD
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Can't be the FPR, gas goes through the injectors after the FPR.

Got spark at all plugs?

Stuck open injector? If you can, disconnect each injector, one at a time. It should run worse. If disconnecting one makes NO DIFFERENCE in the way it runs, that's your bad cylinder (no spark or stuck injector).

Probably simpler to just pull each spark plug and look at them. One is bound to look different, perhaps wet with gas.

I had a problem with a VW once....I took the fuel rail off and cranked it over so I could SEE each injector's spray pattern onto a piece of cardboard.

H munster

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1984 Bronco II
Engine Size
2.8/ 4.0/ 4.0
Transmission
Manual
Im not with the car right now. Stuck at work. Getting a little more info now that sounds bad. White smoke from exhaust:bawling: Just looked up a new head $750.00. Anybody know the actual car that this is a clone of? Ford/ Nissan maybe. The engine looks nissan.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals