• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Gone but not forgotten...

RangerSkippy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1994, 1999
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 & 3.0
Transmission
Manual
I want to start this if it hasn't already but I want to see or hear of the Rangers you had and wish you still had and........go

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

RangerSkippy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1994, 1999
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 & 3.0
Transmission
Manual
my first Ranger....

jhammel85

I have a few cars that I miss but no rangers. If I ever got rid of mine, it'd only because of some MAJOR MAJOR structural damage of some kind. I've had this thing the longest and I've got a lot of sentimental times wrapped up in it.

As far as missing a sold ranger, I have a friend who owned a '90 Ranger back in high school and I miss that truck a lot. It was fun being stupid teenagers in that old thing. When I got mine, it was crazy how much burning oil off the engine (2.9!) and cloth seats brought back memories!

He had an 01 that he recently got rid of. Great truck too!

90longbed

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I have only has 2 rangers....... first ranger:
1988 S model short bed
2.0 4cyl,rebuilt it myself, ran good, K&N air filter and MSD 6a ignition box to bypass the duraspark module, flowmaster exhaust
5 speed, centerforce clutch
235/60/14 road huggers on chrome sawblades
s-10 blazer bucket seats,grant GT steering wheel,herculined bed, pedal covers, piaa driving lights.....no rust, no oil leaks.... got in 3 wrecks and was broken into twice...... first wreck a truck pulled out in front of me....if I would have had another 10 feet I wouldnt have hit him.......second wreck I got rear ended....was a lowered honda.....he got the worst of it...can of black spray paint fixed mine... third one was a hit and run... car came around the corner at an intersection in the rain and hit my LF fender... I was 3rd in line at a left hand turn lane... other car drove off......a buddy and I saw the car later and got some revenge on it with a 73 f250

RangerSkippy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1994, 1999
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 & 3.0
Transmission
Manual
I have only has 2 rangers....... first ranger:
1988 S model short bed
2.0 4cyl,rebuilt it myself, ran good, K&N air filter and MSD 6a ignition box to bypass the duraspark module, flowmaster exhaust
5 speed, centerforce clutch
235/60/14 road huggers on chrome sawblades
s-10 blazer bucket seats,grant GT steering wheel,herculined bed, pedal covers, piaa driving lights.....no rust, no oil leaks.... got in 3 wrecks and was broken into twice...... first wreck a truck pulled out in front of me....if I would have had another 10 feet I wouldnt have hit him.......second wreck I got rear ended....was a lowered honda.....he got the worst of it...can of black spray paint fixed mine... third one was a hit and run... car came around the corner at an intersection in the rain and hit my LF fender... I was 3rd in line at a left hand turn lane... other car drove off......a buddy and I saw the car later and got some revenge on it with a 73 f250
O man that sounds pretty rough sounds like it was a sharp truck tho

90longbed

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
yup it was a sharp truck... a lil underpowered with the 2.0.....an old boss of mine that I run into every so often says he still sees it... the guy I sold it to lives in his neighborhood... my current ranger is a work in progress....going a different way with this one...rat rod build........... the other rig I miss was a 1970 mustang grande coupe, 351W auto trans, jacked up in the back with wide tires, glasspacks, lakewood traction bars, gold with black vinyl top, black interior

Last edited:

ZMan

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
MTOTM Winner
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Rangers
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Drop
4/4, bagged
I still have the only one I would have regretted getting rid of...bought a sold a couple others but they were just beaters. One more is a project that I don't plan on getting rid of for a while, I would like to at least finish it someday lol.

FritzTKatt

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
My first ranger, gave it to a good friend in need when I got my new to me one... great times in that old girl, with the whole "stupid teenagers" thing hehe.

Lariat

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
When life is passing you by, downshift!
my old truck and stang. I don't have any ranger to miss.

SenorNoob

TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
1.5" Front + 4" Rear
Tire Size
245-70-R16
1st: 1986 Regular Cab Long-bed 2.3 4x4 Full Manual with the TK5 Traded it because my mom told me that if I wanted to drive I had to get an automatic.

Which brings me around to my next Ranger, got it like 3 days after my 18th birthday and have been driving a stick since.:thefinger:

2nd: 1992 Regular Cab Short-bed 2.3 2wd Manual Traded it because I *thought* I wanted a Mustang. They're pretty much useless around here. Especially with a 3" drop. Still had fun with it though so not too bad.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals