• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Heater Core Issue

Tyler M

February 2014 MTOTM
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
I have a really interesting problem with my heater core in my 1990 Ranger that I am trying to get some input on.

I had the heater core go out in my truck about mid-January and it was the original factory Ford core, didn't think much of it after all it was 20 years old so I got an OE replacement from the auto parts store were I work. After I installed the replacement I drove around for a month and then the replacement failed!!!:annoyed:. So I sent the first replacement in for warranty and got a second replacement and did the routine over again, drain cooling system, replace core, re-fill cooling system. The warranty people that looked over my first replacement core said it was electrolysis but I am not convinced, I was having no electrical issues or other cooling system problems. Then just today I noticed that my second replacement core is leaking.:temper: And it has been a little over a month since it's replacement.

I am at a loss here:dunno: why is this happening to me? is it my wrong-doing or is there quality that bad. I'll just go back to Motorcraft parts if this is bad quality.

Last edited:

kimcrwbr1

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.8l
Transmission
Automatic
electrolisis dont have anything to do with electrical basically all it is is corrosion I am not sure if there is a zinc insert in your cooling system maybe someone here would know. On boat motors and out drives there are zinc blocks and inserts to keep the aluminum from corroding are you putting a good 50/50 coolant mix in your system.

Tyler M

February 2014 MTOTM
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
50/50 mix with low silicate aluminum compatible antifreeze/coolant.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

No members online now.

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals