• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Heater inop! But with 12 powers supply it works!

Xploda

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3 soon to be turbo
Transmission
Manual
Ok I removed the ac in my 92 xploda and now my heat is on randomly and only on high. Is there somthin to do with me removing the ac or should I be looking more so at the resistors for the variable speeds? Any insight would be helpful thanks..and oh ya whats a good way to patch a brass sending unit float lol :p thanks

Xploda

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3 soon to be turbo
Transmission
Manual
I used some permatex cold weld stuff says it impervious to gas so I hope it works lol :p

dusto2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
more than likely its the resistor, under the hood in the evap/heater box

Xploda

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3 soon to be turbo
Transmission
Manual
Cool kinda what I was thinking. so its inside huh or just attached on the outside I remember seeing a plug on the outside of the box. thanks for the reply btw

Sasquatch_Ryda

Ford Technician
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Forum Staff - Retired
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
Tire Size
40s
Yea if it only works on high its a pretty good inclination that its the resistor.

Xploda

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3 soon to be turbo
Transmission
Manual
ya checked the res today and it looked damn near new jumped the relay and bam it works. no broken coils or anything on the res tho I was hopin it was that but when I put the new relay in now it works only on high still it started to become intermitant last night then stopped this morning. wierd I the relay was toast cause u could hear bunch of stuff on the inside shakin lol. And to make the day way better I got my ext shackles on in 20 mins lol used my dad in laws airplane jacks to lifted the frame and shizam done lol thanks for the help btw I really apreciate it but its still only high so maybe its just correded wires I didnt get the chance to take apart the connector will tmrw back at it again >< now for the lock right lol

Mark_88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Dordge
Engine Size
3.3 Fuel Injected
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Love Thy Neighbor
You can get them at the junkyard real cheap...unless you prefer to pay an outrageous price for a new one...but they are a ten minute job to replace either way...I finally found the pic of mine...got it out of an F150...wire colors are different, but same basic functions...

Xploda

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3 soon to be turbo
Transmission
Manual
ya I had it out already but it looked new couldnt even justify on even gettin a new one tested for breaks in the coils and nada only thing would it possibly me is maybe the thermal switch or w/e I think not sure. But ya maybe Ill just swipe one from a junkyard and try it anyway lol thanks!

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals