• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Hello there

CrazyRangerMama

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Transmission
Automatic
Hi! I’ve got a long love story with my ranger danger… which you can read below or skip lol

I bought him (yes my truck is a dude lol) in 01 when he was 6 years old (manufactured 11/95 as a 96 model year) and I was 19. I maintained him religiously and he never left me stranded. We bopped thru life thru the death of my dogs, my wedding and when we found out I was carrying my first child in 2008… which was about the time his odometer hit 200,000 miles. Because my family would need more seats I traded him to my dad, who later sold him to my cousin… in 2015 on the heels of loosing my 4th child my wonderful hubby bought him back for me…TMU, rusted, ripped and running rough… since then he has been road legal sporadically as he is still impractical as a daily driver for my family of 5. As we are both now falling victim to our old age and earlier punishments in looking forward to putting him back together in ways I can’t do to myself lol

thanks in advance for your help and understanding as most people in my circle don’t understand that a good truck is like an old friend :)

James Morse

1997 XLT 4.0L 4x4 1999 Mazda B3000 2wd
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1997 and 1999
Make / Model
XLT 4x4 & B3000
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0L in XLT, 3.0L in B3000
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31x10.5-15 K02's on the Ranger, 235/75R15 on Mazda
My credo
The perfect is the enemy of the good.
Tons of help available here, I think you have to describe what needs fixing / symptoms etc. It helps if you put in your profile is it 2wd or 4wd and the engine size.
If it were me I'd start with mechanical issues that keep it from being safe/legal/running nice and ignore cosmetics for the time being. It's a good year of the truck, of course I'm biased.
Welcome to the forum.

Josh B

Supporting Member
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Good looking little truck. Good luck with it :)

CrazyRangerMama

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Transmission
Automatic
Tons of help available here, I think you have to describe what needs fixing / symptoms etc. It helps if you put in your profile is it 2wd or 4wd and the engine size.
If it were me I'd start with mechanical issues that keep it from being safe/legal/running nice and ignore cosmetics for the time being. It's a good year of the truck, of course I'm biased.
Welcome to the forum.
Thank you! My little red Ranger is a 96 3.0 automatic, 2WD regular cab. :) I will definitely go in to detail as to what needs fixing when I get him back in my yard. He just got back from getting new leaf springs and brackets in the back that had to be replaced due to corrosion :)

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals