• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Hello with 93 project

cbr600rx7

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford and Ford
Engine Size
2.3, 360ci, 5.0
Transmission
Manual
Hey every one. I have been hanging around TRS and ranger forums for a few years now and figured it was time to take our relationship to the next level. I am working on what used to be a friends 1993 2WD base regular cab 2.3 ranger and could use some experienced help for the project. I want to turn this truck into a all around daily driver with slightly better performance and handeling but with out fully sacrificing it as a truck. So here is kind of what I am thinking.

Full Explorer 8.8 rear end swap with disk brakes and using the explore under axle leaf springs. Possibly re arching them slightly to minimize the amount of overall drop. The truck currently has a 7.5 rear with 3.55s.

2.5 Lima conversion. This is a tricky subject since the 2.5 is clearly OBD-2 and the 93 ranger is OBD-1. It seems like I can swap the intake and exhaust manifolds into the 2.5 along with all the sensor from the 2.3. The only concern is the front crank position sensor location on the 93 compared to its location on the 2.5. I have been researching if the 2.3 front engine cover can be simply swapped onto the later OBD-2 2.3/2.5 Lima blocks but have not found a clear answer at this time. I have access to a low mileage 2.5 from and who wouldn't want the longer stroke and roller cam.

The truck doesn't have a tach so I will be searching for a 93-94 gauge cluster conversion.

And I plan on ripping out the rubber floor and install carpet along with bucket seats.

This is just the start but I hope it kind of shows the direction I want to move in with the truck. I really only want to lower maybe 1 inch in the front and maybe 2 in the back but improve the trucks handeling while not sacrificing to much capacity.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals