• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

HELP from Va?

azhrei

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
HI I have a dilemma and not sure what to do... here's the thing my daughter bought her boyfriend a 96 (I think) jeep... and put it in his name... well they moved to florida on an internship... well he decided to come home without her... another words a scumbag... at 3:30 this am she called and mentioned he broke down and was stuck in Va on 95 with a uhaul trailer, well his dad is going down but they're leaving the jeep... if I can get a location can anyone get it for me and so I don't need to rush down...

oh and I'm only doing this if he signs the jeep back to me

if I decided to go and get it, the tires are 36 inchs would I have to bring normal 15's?

thanks
Paul

jrmustranger97

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
The tires are 36 inch's would I have to bring normal 15's
Not sure what you're getting at here....explain it better and maybe someone can answer the question.

Anyways, that kid sounds like a real douche. If I lived in Virginia I'd drive over there and give him a swift kick in the ass for ya.:buttkick: Whats wrong with the jeep anyway?

azhrei

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
more info

he broke down tranny went and my daughter wants me to go get it she bought it with cash... because they were towing a uhaul trailer his father is driving down to get them and the trailer and leaving the jeep there... so I was wondering if anyone in the area would be willing to get it for me and I can come down within the week to get it... I will only want to do this if it is signed out of his name... and if I brought a tow dolly to get it what do I do about the front tires they are 36 x 15's so would I need to bring like 30's?

not sure if this is any better, if you knew the rest of the past 6 months you wouldn't believe me...

azhrei

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
will find out!

thanks not sure daughter didn't say but when she calls back I'll ask...

Paul

martin

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
the tow dollies I've seen will not take very large tyres, the diameter and overall width, especially with offset rims makes them impossible to fit. Easiest thing is to take a pair of regular rims with normal size tyres with you. It will help with the towing as the front will be lower, lessening the wind drag. Make sure you have the necessary tools to remove the wheels, especially if it has locks on them, been there, done that.

Sunk

Supporting Member
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.5 Eco
Transmission
Automatic
Most places won't let you rent a dolly if you tell them you're towing a jeep. I know U-haul dollies are meant for cars only, so be sure to tell them that's what it is.

azhrei

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
thanks and now it's gone from the tranny to the alt to overheating... so I don't have a clue as to what's going on... I know if I mention I'll be using an explorer they won't rent one to me either... who knows I might tip it! :)

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals