• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Help Me! 4x4 malfunction!

the_blue_phantom

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Automatic
First off, i have the electronic shift 4 wheel drive. I was driving to class this morning when i look down at the dash and see the 4x4 high and 4x4 low lights flash on and off. About a minute later, they flashed on and off again a few more times. When I got into the parking lot, I tried to put it into 4x4 hi just to see what was wrong, but nothing happened. I turned the little knob, and no lights lit up, no sounds were made. Anybody ever experience this before? Please Please PLEASE help, I kinda need 4 wheel drive.

bsmithbyitch

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
yea mine has been doing that a while now, at first i fixed it with filling up the transfer case with fluid and then it locked in with no problem but every since i had a bass system put in it it went back to doing exactly what your saying.

Chance

RIP - 10/7/2010
Reaction score
Transmission
Manual
Check all the connections running to the t-case motor. I had this happen to me once... and it stopped after about an hour or so... Then I got stuck in a ditch in 2wd, but it still shifted to 4lo...

I'd give the motor a good cleaning and check the connections.

the_blue_phantom

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Automatic
yeah well i got out of class on monday and decided to try it out again in the parking lot. and it worked perfectly. in fact, i went wheelin later on that afternoon and it worked without a problem. so yeah. problem solved? for now at least.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals