• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Hey Guys!

K35A1

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 for now...
Transmission
Automatic
Hey there guys first post here. I own a fairly stock 1991 ford ranger xlt. For now it has the 4.0 v6. I will be swapping that out for the 5.0 EFI HO engine from a 91 mustang. Starting the build tomorrow hope to have pick for everyone. Cant wait to be finished all ready!

Scrambler82

U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford/EDGE
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
4.5" SL
Total Drop
WWWhhhaaattt !?!
Tire Size
33 x 12.50
As always... IMHO the 5.0L will mades the truck ssooo good, drivability is a plus, plus.
My '88 Ranger/5.0L was the best truck for both trail riding (not a mud truck) and street.
Do you have the donor vehicle, if not I hope you got at least the engine harness, the computer will depend if it is a manual trans or not.
I found the manual trans computers will allow any non-computer transmission while the auto-computers are looking for a specific trans.

Luck on the swap,

K35A1

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 for now...
Transmission
Automatic
yea i got a donor vehicle so all that's there. And whats this about the computer the tranny is automatic and so is my ranger's...?

Psychopete

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
I don't believe the AOD in '91 was computer controlled. You should have most of everything to complete the swap. One thing you may be missing is the wiring diagrams for both the Ranger and '91 Stang. :)

IIRC, I THINK the transmission i swapped in a '87 Marquis was a '91 AOD (did this several years ago). I just had to flip the shift lever since the donor was a floor shift and the Marquis was a column shift. Otherwise fit just like the '87.

Pete

K35A1

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 for now...
Transmission
Automatic
Thanx psychopete. I guess i will prepare myself for the shifter, and start looking for the wiring diagrams. Pics coming soon!!!

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals