• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Hi from central NM

TWolff

Ham Radio Operator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger Edge
Hello, there.
I joined up about a year ago but this is my first post. Until now I've been using TRS as a great resource, learning from the vast amount of info y'all have.
A little Ranger background: I had an immaculate modified and dolled-up '05 Edge. (I'm an old hot rod and Harley designer/builder.)
First and last truck I ever bought from a dealer. (I've always bought cars, trucks, and Harleys when they were 3-4 years used.) Well, some idiot totaled her 2 1/2 years ago, 2 seconds into his red light. I replaced her with a nice 4WD F-150, but sold that before gas prices doubled. Now I have an '03 Edge, but I never liked it for a handful of reasons. So she is up for sale soon so I can buy another. The last truck I'll ever buy, which was what the '05 was supposed to be. *grins*

Bottom line, I'm going to post a few unresolved questions before I buy an '05-'11 Edge/Sport. Leaning toward a 2010 because they are the first year to have disc brakes in the rear. That and the little fuel gizmo that sometimes breaks if you fill up the tank to the brim? It's outside of the tank. Eighty dollar fix. In 2011, they moved it into the gas tank, and my mechanic told me I don't want to pay the extra $$$ for dropping the tank, etc. if I screw up.

Funny thing is that I always filled the '05 to the top, no problem. On this '03 that part broke right away. Go figure.

OK, enough. Seeya.

Josh B

Supporting Member
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Hey TWolf, welcome to TRS, and good luck with your build.
Central NM must cover a whole city block or two :)
If you're between Albeq, Albuquerque (yeah, I had to go copy it off of the map) and say, Carlsbad or maybe Cloudcroft I been through there a time or two.
Thing is last time I was in that area was like 67, and we were hearing over the radio RFK had been shot

Could go on but want to wish you well with your truck :)

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals