• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

hood release cable removal

BeefStew42791

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
First of all if this is posted in the wrong place sorry, I couldn't figure out where this really belonged..

but what I'm havin a little trouble on is how to disconnect the hood release cable. I'm lookin to remove the front clip on my 93 (inner/outer fenders, rad support, grill, whole 9 yards) and the only thing I'm running into is like I said, how to disconnect that cable. I don't care which end its from I just need it to be free of the rad support. Anybody got some info I could use?

Mark_88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Dordge
Engine Size
3.3 Fuel Injected
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Love Thy Neighbor
Mine was held on by two little screws on either side of the cable latch at the front...the end indside the cab won't help because you'd have to pull that through the firewall...and I'd imagine you might want to reattach it when you replace the clip...when you open the hood it shoud be pretty obvious though...not sure why you'd have difficulty with that part...that's the easiest thing to remove on my truck...

BeefStew42791

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
oo..wow yep, they're there lol. And looking back it seems rather obvious.. My question now though is when I undo those too screws the entire latch won't come out will it? I just want the cable to be free.

MAKG

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
Yes, those remove the latch. Why do you care?

BeefStew42791

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
well..I guess its not THAT much of a problem, I just was hoping I wouldn't have one more thing to put back together but alright I'll just have to suck it up I guess, thanks guys.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals