• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

how short can my wheelbase be?

rickcdewitt

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
4-0 swap
Transmission
Manual
From what I hear that is about the best overall WB.
that can be relative to tire size.my ranger wants 35-37's to have the same breakover as a b2 on 33-35's.a 37 is just not economical:icon_twisted:

so i thought what would be small enough to improve breakover with the 33's?samurai's are kick ass on tiny tires.i saw one float a good distance a while back on 33's.:icon_rofl:.

i think i left the question too open.with about 3 inches lift whats the worst driveshaft angle you would run on a trail only truck with a sploder front shaft in the rear thats light and small?i'm thinking i can go a couple inches shorter than stock(less lift and no doubler) and wind up with the same crappy angle as some of the more modded trucks

i intend to chop her up til its at that point.some of you b2 guys have pretty bad angles and run bigger tires on the street. thoughts?

OilPatch197

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1984/87
Make / Model
Ranger
Transmission
Automatic
whatcha tink?
its been a great truck,shit in your own stupid threads:flipoff:

Well see, that is the problem, YOU only want to hear, what YOU want to hear, so why you ask us what we think? STFU and take it to the scrap yard! :headbang:

...seriously I would just use it as a round-a-bout around the house. Try to set the sentimental value to the side man, and look at the actual value of that truck. Just look at your income, and expenditures and ask yourself, can you really afford this, jacking this truck up, is this really worth it, after some investment, can I make a profit?

If the answer is no to any of those questions, you should put as little investment in as possible. The value of that truck is near junk-yard prices, but I seriously doubt you could recoup the cost of repairs, mods to even get a decent selling price.

Last edited:

philzilla

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Almost 4.0L
Transmission
Manual

rickcdewitt

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
4-0 swap
Transmission
Manual
how short can you be with 3-4 inches of lift? does anyone know the b2 wheelbase offhand?

whatcha tink?
Well see, that is the problem, YOU only want to hear, what YOU want to hear, so why you ask us what we think? STFU and take it to the scrap yard! :headbang:
no actually its pretty fair to expect answers to your questions,you were off on your own tangent......again.:icon_confused: never asked if you like the color red or bashed up ploders:thefinger:besides MOST of the truck will be going to the wreckers anyway,lol.

i'm interested in peoples renditions of the smallest possible rbv and maybe pics of somebodies mini-rbv ?

hopster

Ford Technician
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9, 4.0, 5.0 can't decide
Transmission
Manual
I would shoot for about a 100 inch WB.

rickcdewitt

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
4-0 swap
Transmission
Manual
hmm did i post this in entertainment? just found a 'moved' link there? lol sorry!

rickcdewitt

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
4-0 swap
Transmission
Manual
haha sweet,that turd oilpatch or somebody gave me one star:bawling::thefinger:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals