• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

How to swap in a/c on a 99 ranger?

cp2295

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L swap, 8.8 explorer axle, IFS front end
Transmission
Manual
My credo
If you ain't first you're last
I have a compressor lying around just wondering what I'd need to swap in an a/c and if it's worth it? I'm planning to move to Texas and so a/c sounds nice

exbass94

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2006, 1994
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC, 4.0 OHV
Transmission
Automatic
You need to swap out the heater box with an AC heater box (with evaporator installed inside), install a condenser in front of the radiator, install the compressor, install an accumulator, and install all the lines/hoses to connect all that together. You need to swap out the controls on the dash for one with AC. Then you need to deal with wiring. I don't know how much is already pre-wired for AC. You truck may already have the appropriate connectors and wiring or not. You'll also need to do some simple wiring under the hood for the pressure switches and compressor clutch. And finally, you'll need to add oil to the system, evacuate, and charge with refrigerant.

Adding AC to a truck is a project I would undertake. The only parts I don't have experience with are the wiring, and swapping out the controls and heater box. Everything else I've done before and it was pretty easy.

cp2295

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L swap, 8.8 explorer axle, IFS front end
Transmission
Manual
My credo
If you ain't first you're last
Alright cool thanks I'll have to take a look at the wiring diagrams and find out all that needs adding on that part

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals