• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

I’m not paying someone to get a load of dirt. It took me one hour to load the truck, unload and clean the bed when I was done. Delivery is $150.

rusty ol ranger

2.9 Mafia-Don
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Engine Size
177 CID
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
My credo
A legend to the old man, a hero to the child...
There’s a few companies that make them. Load Handler, Haul Master (Harbor Freight), Boxer.
I got the harbor freight one. It works good but it gets hard to slide unless you got a plastic bedliner.

I would think anything textured like rhinoline would rip it up pretty quick

Roert42

RBV's on Boost
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger XLT
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
I think the yard around here charges $100 per trip. They can do about 6tons in a load.

alwaysFlOoReD

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'91, '80, '06
Make / Model
Ford, GMC,Dodge
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
I got the harbor freight one. It works good but it gets hard to slide unless you got a plastic bedliner.

I would think anything textured like rhinoline would rip it up pretty quick
If you fold the tarp back on itself it will pull only the first half of the load until the fold is gone. That makes it much easier.... I sometimes still have to shovel if I maxed the load.
I have some type of rhino liner. It seems to be fine.

rusty ol ranger

2.9 Mafia-Don
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Engine Size
177 CID
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
My credo
A legend to the old man, a hero to the child...
If you fold the tarp back on itself it will pull only the first half of the load until the fold is gone. That makes it much easier.... I sometimes still have to shovel if I maxed the load.
I had mine in my F250 one time with about 1.5 tons or so of black dirt on it. I was trying to crank it to unload it and i stumbled or ky hand slipped or whatever and the crank snapped back and smoked me right in the top of the ear.

Cut my ear open. Probably woulda killed 10 lesser men.

snoranger

Professional money waster
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
RBV's on Boost
ASE Certified Tech
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'79,'94,'02,'23
Make / Model
All Fords
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
I didn't ask for your life story, just answer the question!
This was the greatest trick I learned about these. I always left 1-2 big folds in it and never really had an issue… but I never had the need to overload the Ranger as I always had the dump truck as an option.

Fast Eddie

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger Edge
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
2x4 on 4x4 Factory Chassis
Tire Size
235/75/15

superj

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ranger edge
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Engine Size
183 ci of tire shredding power
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
none
Total Drop
none
Tire Size
235s
My credo
drives a stick shift ranger
those factory fives are so clean in person. a few people here in town have the cobra versions and used the fox body as the donor.

Garth Libre

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Transmission
Manual
I really like that Daytona Coupe. I am sure it is primarily a show car, but do you ever take it on the track for some non-competitive laps? I am sure it is biting at the chops to see some track time.
The previous owner took it to the track but in honesty I was much more comfortable driving the crap out of my 1.6 liter 125 h.p. Miata. In some ways I was a better driver with the Miata because I never was in danger of applying too much power in the corners. My 1993 Miata weighed 2150 pounds and had 125 h.p. My Daytona weighs 2400 and has 380 h.p. I know 380 h.p. doesn't sound like much nowadays with all these cars that have 450 and 500 and more but most of those cars weigh more than 3000 lbs and have traction control and anti lock brakes. The Daytona is raw and hitting the gas feels like releasing a monster. There are many faster cars but the Daytona is so unsophisticated that you know those drivers who raced them were really skilled.

superj

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ranger edge
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
none
Total Drop
none
Tire Size
235s
My credo
I would rather have the older one. I autocrosses older bmws and you learned to drive better not having all the extra crap saving you from spinning off the track

gw33gp

U.S. Military - Veteran
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Ham Radio Operator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
33"
The previous owner took it to the track but in honesty I was much more comfortable driving the crap out of my 1.6 liter 125 h.p. Miata. In some ways I was a better driver with the Miata because I never was in danger of applying too much power in the corners. My 1993 Miata weighed 2150 pounds and had 125 h.p. My Daytona weighs 2400 and has 380 h.p. I know 380 h.p. doesn't sound like much nowadays with all these cars that have 450 and 500 and more but most of those cars weigh more than 3000 lbs and have traction control and anti lock brakes. The Daytona is raw and hitting the gas feels like releasing a monster. There are many faster cars but the Daytona is so unsophisticated that you know those drivers who raced them were really skilled.
I understand exactly what you are saying. I was not suggesting you take it out and drive on the edge with it, although I would be tempted to if it were mine. There are events that allow you to run at whatever pace you feel comfortable with. I raced with SCCA for over 30 years and retired from that when the Pandemic broke out. I still get on the track at an event in my home town in Kansas called the Lake Garnett Grand Prix Revival. They have groups for street cars that have varying speed limits from 60 to 100 mph and specific passing zones. They also have two groups for race cars that have no speed limit and can pass anywhere except in corners. We typically run at no more than 95% of ability. These two racing classes require proof of a racing license or having had one at one time and the car must meet an organization (like SCCA) racing requirements. The street groups only require a driver's license, helmet and of course seat belts along with a safety inspection..

People would love to see your car on track even if it is not running at a racing pace. Events like I describe above for street groups probably have a less risk of damage than driving on the street. Anyone not following the rules or is driving unsafe gets Black Flagged.

I know it is your choice and am not trying to persuade you into something you prefer not to do (well maybe a little). Your car is still awesome just sitting there in your garage.

Last edited:

Fast Eddie

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger Edge
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Tire Size
235/75/15
I understand exactly what you are saying. I was not suggesting you take it out and drive on the edge with it, although I would be tempted to if it were mine. There are events that allow you to run at whatever pace you feel comfortable with. I raced with SCCA for over 30 years and retired from that when the Pandemic broke out. I still get on the track at an event in my home town in Kansas called the Lake Garnett Grand Prix Revival. They have groups for street cars that have varying speed limits from 60 to 100 mph and specific passing zones. They also have two groups for race cars that have no speed limit and can pass anywhere except in corners. We typically run at no more than 95% of ability. These two racing classes require proof of a racing license or having had one at one time and the car must meet an organization (like SCCA) racing requirements. The street groups only require a driver's license, helmet and of course seat belts along with a safety inspection..

People would love to see your car on track even if it is not running at a racing pace. Events like I describe above for street groups probably have a less risk of damage than driving on the street. Anyone not following the rules or is driving unsafe gets Black Flagged.

I know it is your choice and am not trying to persuade you into something you prefer not to do (well maybe a little). Your car is still awesome just sitting there in your garage.
Did this at NJMP on the other side of the country. Had to run in the Green group as a novice. There was no speed limit but there were specific passing zones, hand signals required to inform other drivers (e.g. go ahead and pass) and a pre-event inspection. I had an Infiniti M6 coupe at the time. I got three runs in that day. It was a complete and total blast.

New Jersey Motorsports Park | Millville, NJ | Race Track (njmp.com)

Garth Libre

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Transmission
Manual
I did used to drive the crap out of my 1993 Miata. I paid $7,000 used and in the following year I had gone over everything - suspension, engine tuning, roll cage, tranny fluid, rear end, bushings etc. By the time I took it to the track I was comfortable knowing I could get parts and had knowledge to deal with all aspects. I still would like an old Miata. I saw a lot of crashes - even a few at autocross if you believe that (a classic Vette, a modern BMW). Even with the long gearing the Daytona reaches 60 mph in second gear in well under 6 seconds. With smaller gears it would be an under 5 second car. I think my Miata was barely a 8.5 second car to 60 even after the timing bump and freer flowing exhaust. I have a 3 year old Mazda 3 with a six speed manual. In some ways that car is a real sports car too. These empty curvy back roads are a treat in the Mazda or the Daytona.

superj

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ranger edge
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
none
Total Drop
none
Tire Size
235s
My credo
My wife has an 18 mazda3 and its is indeed a sports car. Its very fun to drive

Fast Eddie

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger Edge
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Tire Size
235/75/15
I did used to drive the crap out of my 1993 Miata. I paid $7,000 used and in the following year I had gone over everything - suspension, engine tuning, roll cage, tranny fluid, rear end, bushings etc. By the time I took it to the track I was comfortable knowing I could get parts and had knowledge to deal with all aspects. I still would like an old Miata. I saw a lot of crashes - even a few at autocross if you believe that (a classic Vette, a modern BMW). Even with the long gearing the Daytona reaches 60 mph in second gear in well under 6 seconds. With smaller gears it would be an under 5 second car. I think my Miata was barely a 8.5 second car to 60 even after the timing bump and freer flowing exhaust. I have a 3 year old Mazda 3 with a six speed manual. In some ways that car is a real sports car too. These empty curvy back roads are a treat in the Mazda or the Daytona.
I owned this for 5 years. One of 26 for that year imported through Amerisport. It would take the Infiniti to task on curvy roads and was a hell of fun. Low CG and steam roller tires. Original lacquer paint. I worked that paint for 4.5 months over the winter. Came up like a sheet of glass and you could clearly read the 14" mark on a tape measure.

I made 20k on it when I sold it back in 2015. Bad idea. One of my bigger regrets in life. Can't afford to replace it nowadays.

1665347222689.jpeg
1665347262350.jpeg

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals