• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Illinois and Indiana Wheeling Trip, March 29-31

97BlackBetty

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I just got off the phone with The Badlands. They do require insurance on the vehicle that is being used in the park. What she told me is that they do not check to make sure you have insurance, they just simply ask that you check the box on the Release of Liability waiver that states you have insurance.

It was kind of a wink, wink, type discussion. I would check with your insurance provider to see if there is anything you can do to have bare minimum coverage on the vehicle. Other wise, dont hit anybody when you are in the park, the park is treated the same way as driving on the road when an accident occurs.

Bray D

2012 UA Ranger
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I'm going to go ahead and back out of this trip now rather than last minute. A couple things came up with the swap and it seems completion time is going to be pushed back. I don't think it'd be wise to finish the swap then take off on a wheelin trip without having all the bugs worked out.

I'm sure you guys will have a good time, be sure to take a bunch of pics :icon_thumby:

bradz71

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1988 BII
Transmission
Automatic
I'm probably going to back out too. Supposed to unpost roads this weekend, might be pulling seed corn around all weekend. Gotta go where the money is...

JohnnyU

"Outlaw"
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Chevrolet
Engine Size
Ls2
Transmission
Automatic
I have to do some work after this weekend, I tore up the exhaust pretty good, fried the starter and either there's mud in the alternator or that needs to be replaced too. Luckily, the starter and alternator are under warranty at Advance.

I have to get this stuff done and I'll try to be there. I'm hoping Burnside (and me too) can figure out his hard-starting issue, otherwise he's out too. Things are too complicated anymore....:dunno:

Will

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Toyota
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I just got off the phone with The Badlands. They do require insurance on the vehicle that is being used in the park. What she told me is that they do not check to make sure you have insurance, they just simply ask that you check the box on the Release of Liability waiver that states you have insurance.

It was kind of a wink, wink, type discussion. I would check with your insurance provider to see if there is anything you can do to have bare minimum coverage on the vehicle. Other wise, dont hit anybody when you are in the park, the park is treated the same way as driving on the road when an accident occurs.
Very interesting. Now, how do I broach this topic with my insurance agent? Heh.

97BlackBetty

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Will, I talked with my insurance agent (AAA), I explained the situation to him. What he told me is that he could insure the vehicle as a recreational vehicle, and we would base the price on the length of time I wanted it insured. What he was saying is that he would work it similar to a travel trailer, where it would be insured when its being used, and then the coverage could be changed to storage or nothing, whichever I would prefer. He also told me that if I wanted it covered for less than 24 hours, like a day playing at the Badlands, he would place it under my normal policy as limited liability at no additional cost, similar to rental insurance.

97BlackBetty

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
On another note, at this moment my buddies and I are still planning on going. However, the forecast for the weekend is not looking to great, cold and rain on Saturday, and cold and windy on Sunday. We are going to play the weather game, but if its pooring cats and dogs while I am headed south on Saturday morning we may decide to cancel for the weekend and postpone till next. I will be sure to keep you all updated with our plans.

bradz71

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1988 BII
Transmission
Automatic
On another note, at this moment my buddies and I are still planning on going. However, the forecast for the weekend is not looking to great, cold and rain on Saturday, and cold and windy on Sunday. We are going to play the weather game, but if its pooring cats and dogs while I am headed south on Saturday morning we may decide to cancel for the weekend and postpone till next. I will be sure to keep you all updated with our plans.
They are also talking snow around this area, doesn't sound pretty at all.

I wouldn't be able to make it down anyway---pretty sure I bent an axle on my trailer this weekend.

97BlackBetty

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
We have decided to pull the plug on this weekend. If we get whats forcasted I will probably be plowing anyways. If the weather gets nicer towards the end of the week we are planning on heading down to The Badlands.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals