• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

interior changes . . .

PetesPonies

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Size
2.3l
Transmission
Manual
So I finally got around to installing the rubber mat I had ACC make for me. Its been sitting in a box for almost 2 years :) Pain to work with, all the holes to find in the floor etc. God Bless the people on the line that installed the rear seats quickly . . it's a pita too. So . anyone else install a mat instead of carpet? I wanted the vintage look inside as well since I am after the EB look. I started with a new layer of jute. Old jute is part of the old carpet, but they supplied this new.

Not a finished picture and its not hot here, so it isn't laying totally flat. I used a heat gun and such to get it to lay better . . a nice hot day will do it well too.

other side view

509lifted

Firefighter
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.8l, 4.0 v6
Transmission
Manual
pete if u don't mind me askin, how much did u pay for that? I really like the look of it, plus i wouldnt have to keep deep cleaning my carpets cause of all the mud

PetesPonies

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Size
2.3l
Transmission
Manual
I buy wholesale, but it wasn't cheap as I remember. Sorry, after two years I'm lucky I remembered where I had it stored :) Truly, I think it was about the same as a new carpet.

Ultraspontane

Reaction score
pete if u don't mind me askin, how much did u pay for that? I really like the look of it, plus i wouldnt have to keep deep cleaning my carpets cause of all the mud
If you don't want to mess with cleaning carpet, have you thought about Line-X type bedliners?

I like the idea so much, I'm thinking of Line-Xing the tub, and exterior of my BII, like this Jeep:

Would make for one, easy to wash, tough finish. So sorry for hijacking the thread, BTW.

Last edited:

CurtisP87

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I don't have any pics uploaded of it, but I took all the seats/carpet out of the tub and lined the inside with herculiner (made for truck beds, available at most auto stores). I've been really happy with it. Clean up after wheeling is as easy as wiping the floor with a wet rag, mud cleans right off of it. Got the whole job done for about $100 and a couple hours work. To anyone thinking of this idea, here's my only advice: take your time taping! The only thing seperating a sloppy job from a great finished product is the time you spend taping nice lines.

I like that rubber mat idea, but I think id still want to line the tub under the mat, just for rust prevention...if some water gets under that mat I don't think the rubber will breathe well enough to let it dry.

88B2EB

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1988, 1994
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L, 2.3L
Transmission
Manual
Looking good Pete:icon_thumby: What's next for the little Bronco?

PetesPonies

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Size
2.3l
Transmission
Manual
Next will probably be painting it. It looks decent, but could use paint and I want the roof to be white. May do that first.

As for bedliner. I bedlined my entire CJ5. I used the tan as in the pic above. My CJ5 is a trail and farm tractor :) Its not for the street. So bedlining seemed perfect. But . . . . it is very rough and it can easily skin your body parts. So keep that in mind if you do it inside a vehicle.

88B2EB

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1988, 1994
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L, 2.3L
Transmission
Manual
A B2 could look really good with a white roof - sort of a throwback to early bronco's. Maybe even with an orange base for a Bill Stroppe Baja replica?:icon_idea: Your paint booth is better than mine.

PetesPonies

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Size
2.3l
Transmission
Manual
That's the point. I have white wheels, white bumpers and a '66 white grille. The white roof should finish it off.

88B2EB

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1988, 1994
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L, 2.3L
Transmission
Manual
You mean I nailed it? :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Sounds like it's gonna be sweeeet!

509lifted

Firefighter
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.8l, 4.0 v6
Transmission
Manual
ultra and curtis i did that in my b2 and hate it, yea its easy clean up but during summer and sometimes during winter it gets so hot u can barley stand to drive in boots plus engine noise is really loud.

wildbill23c

U.S. Military - Veteran
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Ham Radio Operator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Total Drop
Tire Size
215/70-R14
My credo
19K, 19D, 92Y, 88M, 91F....OIF-III (2004-2005)
I want to do something similar on my 84 B2, the PO literally ripped the carpet out, and I'm fixing to rip the headliner out as well due to water damage by a leak in the roof once again by the PO trying to mount something on the roof and not properly sealing the fasteners. What kind of costs am I looking at average to either replace with carpet and original head liner material or do something different like vinyl? I'd even do rhino lining or line-x if the price is right. What's everyone paying to give me an idea what I need to save? Seats themselves are in pretty descent condition but I have a few rust areas to fix as well.

Ultraspontane

Reaction score
ultra and curtis i did that in my b2 and hate it, yea its easy clean up but during summer and sometimes during winter it gets so hot u can barley stand to drive in boots plus engine noise is really loud.
Interesting. What product did you use? I was under the impression that Line-X was noise damping. When you mean hot, so you mean the temperature of the floorboards?

old guy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic

88B2EB

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1988, 1994
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L, 2.3L
Transmission
Manual

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals