• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

iPhone Users......

mjonesjr

I dance with the Devil...
Firefighter
Forum Staff - Retired
Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
Post up what your favorite app is and why.

I am looking for some good apps for my iPhone.

Last edited:

93Ranger4x4

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
93, 96
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0, 4.0
Transmission
Manual
iHandy level is a pretty cool one,i've got 6pages of apps on my iPhone heh. Trapster is a good one, you can report where you see cops or cameras etc. and when u have it turned on, it will announce things like speed trap ahead, or cops often hide here, other people can also report where they see cops sitting and such.MAPquest is decent, you can get fedex and ebay for your iphone, Urbanspoon is a goodone that tells you where some places are to eat near you, MMS is a good one to have if you dont have the iPhone S, it lets you send pictures on the iPhones before iPhone S, The Weather Channel, Oh and my personal fav is SHAZAM, when your listening to a song you like and dont know who sings it, u can open the app up, and hit Tag, and hold the phone near the speaker or if its loud enough just hold the phone in the air and it will listen to the song, and then search for it and come back telling you who sings it and what album the song is on OH and u can get Amazon.com also. there are literally thousands upon thousands of apps for the iPhone its crazy. hope i helped you pick a few that you will like.

mjonesjr

Firefighter
Forum Staff - Retired
Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
I already have the following:
- The Weather Channel
- Chase Bank
- AT&T My Wireless
- Directv
- Facebook
- Google
- Constitution
- Shazam
- eBay
- Pay Pal
- Around Me
- TicTac Free

4x4fun

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
really?
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic

93Ranger4x4

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
93, 96
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0, 4.0
Transmission
Manual
If you have netflix, you can download the app called Phoneflicks and add movies to your queue and such. Flixster is another good one because it tells you what movies are coming out and when, you can also look up showtimes for movies in theatres near you or that you goto.

Z3CHYD

U.S. Military - Active
U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Drop
3 front 5 rear
Tire Size
225/60R15
AtomicFart....need I say more lol its fun to use around a group of people. Also FS5 Hockey, which is fun to play. Discovery is also a good one, it show you some highlites of what was showing this week on the Discovery channel. Theres a ton more I have but I dont remember them

bagdranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
my buddy just showed me one the other day its called pocket god. very intertaining. lolcats is a good one. iheartradio has all local radio stations. you can go to safari and google iweather and its a mobile radar for the iphone. im a storm spotter so its comes in handy for me. epic fail is another good one.

Snowboarder7710

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
get i can has cheezburger...its got the stupid lol cats and dogs and fail pics and more

brendank

It's only money...
Solid Axle Swap
Forum Staff - Retired
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
I'm actually taking a class this semester through university that is specifically for programming iphones and ipod touch. We were on the national news a couple of days ago. First university class of it's kind in Canada, maybe the world.

It's rediculous what you can do with this phone. The API is extremely rich and powerful. Almost everything is simple to make, from a programming perspective.

We need to do a project throughout the year, and then publish it on the
app store when it's complete. Any ideas??

mjonesjr

Firefighter
Forum Staff - Retired
Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
That is freakin cool.

How about an app that would have info like what All-Data does?

hoosier1104

I'm Awesome!
Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
MTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
302 based goodness
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Work hard and play harder
I have several apps on mine like Mafia Wars, Shazam, Urban Spoon, iHeart Radio, Bump and many others. My phone is getting fixed as we speak so I do not have what is actually on my phone right in front of me. I have a finance things, utilities and stuff to make my life a little easier.

hoosier1104

I'm Awesome!
Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
MTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
302 based goodness
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Work hard and play harder
Well I got my phone back in working order and found an even better logbook then the last one I had. It is by tinkerbuilt. It has a services tab to tracker you maintenance's, insurance and registration. I have it set up for my Ranger and my CBR.

dogboy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'93
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
My 2 favorite apps are probably "FlyCast", and "Pandora". FlyCast lets you listen to radio from anywhere (like other cities) as well as a a handful of videos and things I think (I only use the radio part, so I don't know much about the other features). Then there's Pandora, which you can search for a song, and it will continue playing songs that are related to one another/ the original song. It nice if you don't know song to play, and you want to hear new stuff.

But, I don't have a very large selection of stuff, because I don't look at the app-store too often. I only have 11 downloaded apps, and I don't even open half of them...

We need to do a project throughout the year, and then publish it on the
app store when it's complete. Any ideas??
how about an app that will tell you how much your truck is leaning side to side, and front to back (I think that is an "inclinometer"?)? Ive seen them on the appstore before, but I think I downloaded the only one I could find, but that was about 6 months ago, I don't know if any have been added lately.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals