• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

James duff stage 1 lift

kcm94

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco II
Transmission
Automatic
So I finished installing the rear for my stage 1 3" James duff lift but I used 3" rough country leaf springs instead of the add a leaf for the factory springs the kit comes with. I'm starting the front tomorrow do you guys think it will level out? I figured using a set of leaf springs instead of the add a leaf for old springs would be better I'm just hoping it'll level out fine if anything i guess ill use the add a leaf. Just wanted some other opinions what do you guys think?

Attachments

bronco2fan

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.8 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
3 inch body lift
Tire Size
Well I can't really answer your question because I used a body lift on mine. But that does look nice and chances are it will look fine and if not you can try to fine tune it.

tw205

Bronco II Rancher.
U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco II
Engine Type
2.8 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
6” skyjacker 2” body
Tire Size
33x12.5
I used new rear springs on my lift 6” lift too. The end product still looks a little too high in the rear but she’s not complete yet. I still have no fuel tank or skid plate or spare tire so when all that’s done maybe she will look more level. IDK.
New springs is surely better than add a leaf. I think she will level out nicely.

gaz

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
87Ranger Endrigo 2.9l, 87BII Endrigo 4.0l
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Ranger 5" (2" suspension), BII 4" suspension
Total Drop
Ranger 5sp, BII A4LD
Tire Size
Ranger 33"/4:10LS, BII 29"/3:73LS
My credo
Deengineer until it is how Blue Oval should have sold it!!
kcm,

I don't believe that these vehicle should sit level unloaded. If mine did, I would add to the rear suspension, so that it is about level when loaded. +$0.05

ecgreen

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco II
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
3"
Tire Size
So I finished installing the rear for my stage 1 3" James duff lift but I used 3" rough country leaf springs instead of the add a leaf for the factory springs the kit comes with. I'm starting the front tomorrow do you guys think it will level out? I figured using a set of leaf springs instead of the add a leaf for old springs would be better I'm just hoping it'll level out fine if anything i guess ill use the add a leaf. Just wanted some other opinions what do you guys think?
I betcha it will level out fine. You can tweek it all sorts of ways if it doesnt.

lil_Blue_Ford

TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.9L
Transmission
Manual
Don’t forget, leaf springs settle. I learned that the first time I replaced leaf springs, thought I would get 1-2” over stock and when it came down off the jack stands the back was sky high. A week of driving it and the back was sitting where it was supposed to. So don’t panic until you drive it a bit.

ecgreen

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco II
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
3"
Tire Size
Don’t forget, leaf springs settle. I learned that the first time I replaced leaf springs, thought I would get 1-2” over stock and when it came down off the jack stands the back was sky high. A week of driving it and the back was sitting where it was supposed to. So don’t panic until you drive it a bit.
OH yes! And don't torque until you have the vehicle on its own weight.

kcm94

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco II
Transmission
Automatic
Been super busy so I haven't got to the front yet, will be doing it tomorrow and Saturday so I will post some pics when its finished. I'm pretty sure till level out nicely from everything you guys are saying I'm super excited I cant wait until its done! I have a dropped pitman arm on my parts bronco is it worth using that for the 3" lift? I'm taking the extended brake lines and the rear driveshaft from it to

ecgreen

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco II
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
3"
Tire Size
Been super busy so I haven't got to the front yet, will be doing it tomorrow and Saturday so I will post some pics when its finished. I'm pretty sure till level out nicely from everything you guys are saying I'm super excited I cant wait until its done! I have a dropped pitman arm on my parts bronco is it worth using that for the 3" lift? I'm taking the extended brake lines and the rear driveshaft from it to
I needed a drop pitman arm to get my steering angles correct. Mock it up and see how it looks. As far as I know, the rods should be just about level to be ideal.

kcm94

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco II
Transmission
Automatic
ok cool I will for sure use it, if not it'll just sit there. Just picked up a super nice set of used 33x10.5x15 ko2s for cheap!! Gonna see if I can squeeze them on when I'm done with the lift. Might have to get the James duff body lift to put these bad boys on

Attachments

ecgreen

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco II
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
3"
Tire Size
I run 33x10.5 with a stage 1 lift without issues. Only issues are: 1.) at full lock I scrub the radius arm a bit (not a big deal), and 2.) I scrub the rear fender at the bottom front portion at full stuff offroad. I only need to trim a tiny bit to accommodate. For road use, it is fine.

ecgreen

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco II
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
3"
Tire Size
Lotsa meat left on those tires, nice score!

kcm94

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco II
Transmission
Automatic
awesome now I'm really excited! this is for road only so I guess I wont have a problem then! I got them for a great price I had to grab them

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals