• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

JohnRo, Charlestown, Ma

johnro6659

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Hi, I own a 1987 Ford Ranger Bigfoot Cruiser, 2.9 etc. I have had this truck for about 17 years now. I only paid $300.00 for it because it had a blown rear end. I was lucky to inherit a Bronco II and used it for parts. It no longer has a 4.11 rear end I just used the 3.73 differential from the Bronco and I will replace the front differential with the same gearing from the Bronco II. I have a new transfer case that was replace in the Bronco before the motor went. It has pretty low mileage for it's age about 82,000. It's not in the best of shape but it's not bad at all. It has a little surface rust but no rot at all. The interior is really good all the windows power door locks work as well as the rear power window. I plan of restoring it as soon as I can find a place to work on it. I have the FMC catalog and I'll be ordering some body parts because the previous owned tried to fix a few dents and made a mess of it. My major issue is the engine, I thought of dropping a 302 in it but it seems like too much of a hassle so I would like to rebuild the 2.9 and get a little more HP from it and install a decent set of headers and a nice exhaust. Looking for suggestions pointers etc. I am going to have it repainted basically the same color with a lot more metal flake in it. I have a line on the decals so that is not going to be an issue.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals